bandphan

bandphan

Banned
One of most respected journalist around passed away today at the young age of 53 from colon cancer. Tony Snow leaves behind a wife and 3 children.

Prayers and thoughts go out to his family.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Wow, all of the Big Guns in News are passing...:eek:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It was announced a few months ago that he had cancer. I admire the man for hanging in there until the very end. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Tony touched many lives and was an excellent journalist. RIP Tony Snow. You will not be forgotten.

Cheers,

Phil

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
It's a miserable way that he died and unnecessary. Get your colonoscopy real or virtual when you hit fifty and every 5 years after. This will prevent at least 85% of colon cancers, the number 2 cancer killer.

itschris

itschris

He had the screenings and actually caught it fairly early. He was just one of the tragic victims. It's really bummed me out this weekend. I've been a huge fan of his since his days with the elder Bush.

He broke new ground during his stint as Press Secretary to George W. He would call out individual reporters on their bullsh*t, their partisan bias, and do with such grace and panache. I'll never forget this exchange with David Gregory in the press room. It was one of the best moments when he called him out for grandstanding and told him that he could tone it down since the cameras weren't running. It was classic how he put that tool of a journalist in his place.

From my experience of watching him over the years, you could just tell he was a man of honor, always respectful, yet his own man who followed his own instincts. He never just followed the talking points. It's a great loss. He's the type of guy you wish you could've known.

Losing Tony and Tim Russert has left a huge hole that won't soon be filled.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
He had the screenings and actually caught it fairly early. He was just one of the tragic victims. It's really bummed me out this weekend. I've been a huge fan of his since his days with the elder Bush.

He broke new ground during his stint as Press Secretary to George W. He would call out individual reporters on their bullsh*t, their partisan bias, and do with such grace and panache. I'll never forget this exchange with David Gregory in the press room. It was one of the best moments when he called him out for grandstanding and told him that he could tone it down since the cameras weren't running. It was classic how he put that tool of a journalist in his place.

From my experience of watching him over the years, you could just tell he was a man of honor, always respectful, yet his own man who followed his own instincts. He never just followed the talking points. It's a great loss. He's the type of guy you wish you could've known.

Losing Tony and Tim Russert has left a huge hole that won't soon be filled.
Very much agreed Chris. Very well spoken here. I agree too that we have lost (2) icons that really made a difference for our great country. Big shoes to fill, however, it is doubtful that will ever happen.

Cheers,

Phil

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
It's a miserable way that he died and unnecessary. Get your colonoscopy real or virtual when you hit fifty and every 5 years after. This will prevent at least 85% of colon cancers, the number 2 cancer killer.
He had the screenings and actually caught it fairly early. He was just one of the tragic victims…
Dan is right. The only way modern medicine can prevent death by colon cancer is to detect it early - so early that the primary tumor hasn't yet spread. And that means colonoscopy before any outward signs of disease. It may be unpleasant to contemplate getting your kazoo reamed - its much worse to think about it than it is to actually have it done - and it sure beats the alternative.

When Tony Snow publicly announced that he had colon cancer, it had already spread to other sites in his body, including the liver. It was essentially a death sentence. He went on to get aggressive chemotherapy, but it could only buy him some time without changing the outcome. Had it been detected sooner, he'd might be alive and well today.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Dan is right. The only way modern medicine can prevent death by colon cancer is to detect it early - so early that the primary tumor hasn't yet spread. And that means colonoscopy before any outward signs of disease. It may be unpleasant to contemplate getting your kazoo reamed - its much worse to think about it than it is to actually have it done - and it sure beats the alternative.

When Tony Snow publicly announced that he had colon cancer, it had already spread to other sites in his body, including the liver. It was essentially a death sentence. He went on to get aggressive chemotherapy, but it could only buy him some time without changing the outcome. Had it been detected sooner, he'd might be alive and well today.
Very interesting point. The prep for the procedure is worse than the procedure alone. I had to have one a few years ago and they found (2) polyps. Thank God they were not cancerous. However, I have to have another asap. Right now, I am holding out so I can help my Mom as she has cancer. Within the next few months I will get it done.

Cheers,

Phil

itschris

itschris

When you think about your friends and family that you would leave behind... the discomfort and the let's face it, the humiliation factor, are small prices to pay.

Best wishes go to your mom. You're a good man for taking care of her while she's dealing with that. A lot of people like to think they would, but it's altogether different when you actually do.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis