davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Dianna Rigg died today at the age of 82. Best known for her portrayal of Emma Peel in the 1960s show The Avengers and much later in Game of Thrones. I grew up in the late 60s early 70s and she was about the hottest woman on TV. And her role in GOT was excellent. RIP to one of my favorite actresses of all time.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I only saw the reruns but loved her as Mrs. Peel. I was also pleased to see her on GOT and enjoyed her role. Sad.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I totally missed recognizing her in GOT!

Here is a fun little montage:

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I totally missed recognizing her in GOT!

Here is a fun little montage:
Thanks for the montage. :) I had SUCH a crush on her when I was a young teen. And she was so good in her role on GOT.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for the montage. :) I had SUCH a crush on her when I was a young teen. And she was so good in her role on GOT.
I think a whole generation of young males in both the UK and the US had a crush on Mrs. Peel.

FWIW, I read an excellent write up on The Avengers at Wikipedia. In that article, I realized I had only seen very few episodes, yet, it made a big impact. In the US, The Avengers first appeared in March 1966. I was in college by September of that year, and had no TV, so I never saw that show or Mrs. Peel again.

In that article, I noticed Mrs. Peel drove either a white or powder blue Lotus Elan. Sigh… Mrs. Peel, you will be missed.
1599798841708.png

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
To be fair, Emma Peel, aka Diana Rigg, Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire, had an extensive acting career. See this obituary from the BBC.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thought I'd share my Diana Rigg collection, hope you enjoy!

The Complete Emma Peel Avengers MegaSet 1965-1967, DVD
On Her Majesty's Secret Service, 1969 VHS (also have the blu-ray in the James Bond 50 collection)
The Hospital, 1971, DVD, starring George C. Scott, co-starring Diana Rigg. (some film critics felt Scott should have won the Oscar for this instead of Patton)
Evil Under the Sun, 1982, DVD, excellent cast, Peter Ustinov, Diana Rigg, James Mason, Maggie Smith, Roddy McDowall

IMG_2858.JPG

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis