speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, a good friend has asked me to help him decide which of these two towers is better. Yes, the F206's are more expensive, but does that really make them better? Anyone that truly knows me is aware that I am NOT a tower guy at all. Never have been. That being said, I thought that maybe some of you may have some experience w/Revel speakers. But, of course, personally I would be much more interested in their bookshelf offerings.

So, any input on these two? What makes the F206's better than the F36's? Please keep in mind that my friend is wanting to keep whichever Revel towers he selects for at least 10-years or more. As such, longevity is a must. More specifically, what makes the F206's more expensive than the F36's? Is it really worth the price difference? Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I knew the F206 towers were more expensive than the F36's. But, I had no idea by how much. Holy smokes! The F206's are $3500 a set! Has anyone here ever heard both the F36's and the F206's? If so, care to share? Wow!

Cheers,

Phil

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I've never heard the F36, but the F206 is a remarkable design for the price. Remember, this is a B&M store product, so I'd figure in a 10-15% discount off the list price. It should be possible to get the F206s for $3000. I've heard the F206 in a private home, and if your friend is going for a 10 year purchase, and he can swing $3K, I doubt he will be disappointed. I think a lot of people would find it very comparable to the Salon2, except below 40Hz. For acoustic music, I'd guess many listeners could not distinguish the F206 from the Salon2.

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I've never heard the F36, but the F206 is a remarkable design for the price. Remember, this is a B&M store products, so I'd figure in a 10-15% discount off the list price. It should be possible to get the F206s for $3000. I've heard the F206 in a private home, and if your friend is going for a 10 year purchase, and he can swing $3K, I doubt he will be disappointed. I think a lot of people would find it very comparable to the Salon2, except below 40Hz. For acoustic music, I'd guess many listeners could not distinguish the F206 from the Salon2.
Thanks a bunch Irv. Honestly, I have never heard any Revel speakers. Nor am I a tower guy. Just trying to help a good friend that does not post very much. Have read some good things about the F36's just yesterday. I will pass this info on to my friend.

Plan to do a bit of reading up on the F206's. BTW, what was your friend using to power the F206's when you heard them in his home? I still say high end speakers need higher end electronics. At least, that has been my experience. You agree? Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not sure what you mean by higher end electronics. I always recommend dedicated power amps, which tends to push people into better electronics, but that's just me. I'm not an AVR fan. In the case of the F206 system, I remember Emotiva electronics.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I'm not sure what you mean by higher end electronics. I always recommend dedicated power amps, which tends to push people into better electronics, but that's just me. I'm not an AVR fan. In the case of the F206 system, I remember Emotiva electronics.
That is what I meant Irv. Needing outboard amps such as mono-blocks! Emotiva is good stuff. Ty typically uses Jolida amps in his demo areas. Maybe one day when I hit the lottery I can do something like that.....LOL!!!!! Thanks for the info!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, my friend has decided on the Revel F206's instead of the F36's. He claims that he got a deal too good to pass up. Honestly, I have not heard either. But, I would think that the F206's would hold their value better should my friend decide to sell. However, have been reading up a bit more on Revel's bookshelf offerings. Hope to hear them someday myself. Just hope that my friend made the right decision!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis