B

Brian1PA

Audiophyte
I am looking for a new sub. I am considering the Revel B-15 and The Martin Logan Depth.

I am looking for feedback on these subs.

Any other subs that I should consider?

Thank you,
Brian

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
thats some serious cash ... check out the velodyne digital drive series

edit: just checked SRP's of the velodyne digital drive series (only the smaller diameter drivers are in your budget)

so check out these also:
axiom ep500 x 2 or a single ep600 instead
or
SVS subwoofers e.g. PC Ultra x 2 or PB-12 Ultra/2

and get yourself a Velodyne SMS-1 :)
(just maximizing your budget)

Last edited:
B

Brian1PA

Audiophyte
I use my system for both. I have Rotel parts and now I am upgrading my speakers starting with the SUB. I have Paradigm main speakers and Mission for the rest of my system.

I have heard the MArtin logan and it plays fast and sounds great with music but I did not bring a DVD to test the movie side of things.

I listened to the Revel at this place that I am sure did not have it set up at all. They told me that there neighbors did not like to hear the base. Well I told him that I need to hear it if you want me to buy this speaker.

So I have not had a full demo of either sub. I don't know if anyone out there has these subs or anyone has an opinon on either of them.

I am sure that the Revel will hit in the movies but I don't want to spend the $$ if it is not going to play music well.

I know that the Logan plays music great but I am not sure if the movies will have the punch.

????
Brian

J

johnhelenjake

Audiophyte
I have had the Revel B-15a in my 2 channel music system for 9 months now. I am very pleased with it. I have it adjusted so that you really can't tell if the base is coming from my main speakers or from the base unit but what it does so well is reproduce the actual base with out any booming when playing CDs. When playing music from the tuner it does have that annoying booming though. It has phenomenal base reproduction with out any of the sound draw backs associated with integrating a sub into an already good system. I am currently using B&W N802 main speakers, but with the Revel added to it it sounds even better :) I know this is several months since you posted nevertheless here is my 2 cents worth.
John

B

B5I8

Audioholic
What are you planning on upgrading the rest of your speakers to? I would decide that first and go from there. If you went with large floorstanding speakers, you'd just need a sub to fill in the low end where as if you went with smaller bookshelves, you'd need a sub that could play the upper frequencies as well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis