Returning my SR6015 and just ordered the Emo

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Just for discussion sake, the AV7705's THD+N is about 0.01%, which is NOT audible.

The 3dB down at 20 kHz is not audible either since most of us can't even hear beyond 18kHz. Also, a Frequency Response deviation of +/- 3.0dB is considered normal for SPEAKERS. So even if the AVP/AVP is ruler flat at 20kHz or 30kHz, your speakers will not be flat.

The question is NOT SOUND QUALITY. These components can all sound great.

The salient question is - Is the Marantz AVP with the THD+N of 0.01% and a -3dB at 20kHz LESS RELIABLE than the Denon and Marantz AVR's that measure better? :D
Right!, Gene's findings on Yamaha's RX-A6A wasn't what he expected to find. What was it, one or two surround channels had like 65db? Still not audible. But paying over 2k for a AVR or Pre-Pro one expects more I guess.
What am I missing here? Seems a lil lite? Not knocking EMOs BasX Pre-Pro. $999.00 for 13 channels ain't bad at all though.
Screenshot_20220425-141019~2.png

Last edited:
Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
So. I’m never buying an Emo budget Pre/pro again. I’ve had it less than 7 days and it’s bricked. Nothing changed in my setup, I went to power it on and it kept freezing as soon as it went to initialize the HDMI inputs and outputs past the boot screen. I had to disconnect all sources to do a factory reset navigating the menus on the tiny LCD screen, after 3 factory resets I get the same result. As soon as I add an HDMI source it locks up. I’m beyond irritated at this point, I went from a broken Marantz to this crap. Tomorrow at 0900 I’m going to a local retailer and buying a Denon x6700h. I’ve never had issues with ANY of the half dozen Denon’s I’ve owned over the years and this is a brick and mortar audio store about 30 mins from me. I’m going to pay a little premium but at this point I just want a reliable solution, regardless of added cost.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
OMG! I feel for you. Sorry to hear this too went sideways. I hope the 6700 gives you years of reliable service. Keep us informed on how it goes.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Oh man that's crazy and a shame. Denon you can't go wrong with, I mean they are the top selling receiver brand in the world for a reason.
I find most of the time when I try to save money I end up regretting it and spending more. I recently bought a very cheap sound bar, my first ever sound bar and it's just that, cheap and doesn't sound great. Now I'm gonna have to spend more to get a decent one.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So. I’m never buying an Emo budget Pre/pro again. I’ve had it less than 7 days and it’s bricked. Nothing changed in my setup, I went to power it on and it kept freezing as soon as it went to initialize the HDMI inputs and outputs past the boot screen. I had to disconnect all sources to do a factory reset navigating the menus on the tiny LCD screen, after 3 factory resets I get the same result. As soon as I add an HDMI source it locks up. I’m beyond irritated at this point, I went from a broken Marantz to this crap. Tomorrow at 0900 I’m going to a local retailer and buying a Denon x6700h. I’ve never had issues with ANY of the half dozen Denon’s I’ve owned over the years and this is a brick and mortar audio store about 30 mins from me. I’m going to pay a little premium but at this point I just want a reliable solution, regardless of added cost.
Too bad Emotiva lived up to their pre-pro reputation. Curious, why a 6700 instead of 4700 or 8500?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Oh man that's crazy and a shame. Denon you can't go wrong with, I mean they are the top selling receiver brand in the world for a reason.
I find most of the time when I try to save money I end up regretting it and spending more. I recently bought a very cheap sound bar, my first ever sound bar and it's just that, cheap and doesn't sound great. Now I'm gonna have to spend more to get a decent one.
But why a sound bar? That's the last solution for a HT system. It's not possible to operate with three front speakers?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
But why a sound bar? That's the last solution for a HT system. It's not possible to operate with three front speakers?
No, I just needed one for my TV in the bedroom. I have a home theater of course. I just wanted something that was better than TV speakers.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Too bad Emotiva lived up to their pre-pro reputation. Curious, why a 6700 instead of 4700 or 8500?
Cost. The store near me has a 6700h for $2500. I’m all setup for 7.4.6 as is so I would like to continue using it, really in terms of Denon my only options are the 6700h or 8500h and at this point with all the recent purchases the 8500 will be stretching myself too thin.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
For whatever reason after having it unplugged for a few hours while I browsed for AVR’s I decided to try it one more time and it works. Regardless it still freaks me out and it’s unacceptable it’s this unreliable so it’s going back. It tried to suck me back in with it temporarily working but I know what it’s up to . In terms of software, I come from the IT industry and I find it hard to believe that their basic BIOS or basic input output system is failing. I would attribute it more to the HDMI board and CEC controller having some sort of issue where it get stuck in a loop. All in all I miss having a Denon anyway, I enjoyed MultiEQ-X, their GUI is simple but efficient and I’ve never had to return a single product from them. I understand Marantz is from the same corporate family, but Denon is still OK in my book and at the moment my go to.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Cost. The store near me has a 6700h for $2500. I’m all setup for 7.4.6 as is so I would like to continue using it, really in terms of Denon my only options are the 6700h or 8500h and at this point with all the recent purchases the 8500 will be stretching myself too thin.
That just proves again that Emotiva products are to be avoided. They're as bad as some of the Chinese products.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Rule #1. Never buy anything Emo or less-established products - stick to the well established big brand names.

Rule #2. Never buy a Refurbished AVR/AVP.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Why such a good price, is it an open box, old stock etc...?

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Why such a good price, is it an open box, old stock etc...?
Its new, the owner and I grew up together and used to be close friends but we eventually drifted apart. When I called with my Emo issue I asked him what was the best he could do on it and he said he can give me one for $2500.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Rule #1. Never buy anything Emo or less-established products - stick to the well established big brand names.

Rule #2. Never buy a Refurbished AVR/AVP.
I’ve literally broken rules 1 AND 2 within two weeks. THATS ALL THE RULES!!!

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
So the store was sold out of 6700’s, they sold the last one this morning literally hours before I got there. I’m on the emailing list for when they’re in stock and once they are I’m going to buy it online immediately and then just drive over and pick it up. I almost bought an Onkyo RZ50 for $1399 as they just got them in today but deep down my gut tells me to go back to Denon and I do enjoy the 13 channels with the Onkyo being capped to 11.2 with external amps

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So the store was sold out of 6700’s, they sold the last one this morning literally hours before I got there. I’m on the emailing list for when they’re in stock and once they are I’m going to buy it online immediately and then just drive over and pick it up. I almost bought an Onkyo RZ50 for $1399 as they just got them in today but deep down my gut tells me to go back to Denon and I do enjoy the 13 channels with the Onkyo being capped to 11.2 with external amps
Yeah, but Dirac.... :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis