Return of the Jedi DVD

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
Anyone notice that the ending has been changed?

When the spirits of Obi Wan, Yoda and Luke's father appear at the end, they replaced the original actor with the Anniken from the new trilogy.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
We have noticed, although I don't think it is the actual actor (Hayden Christenson) from episodes II & III, but someone who looks much more like him.

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
yep... I'd say it's Christian Hayden. The major issue I have is the fact that they credit him. They have the original actors name only in the credits. Not that I'd want his name removed from the credits; I think he should be there. But there should also state that it is no longer him in the new DVD version.

R

RockyF

Audiophyte
Yes, that is Hayden Christenson (sp) in the ghost scene at the end of ROTJ, however Sebastian Shaw is still in the movie. He played Anakin in the scene where Luke removes Vader's mask.

Rocky

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
RockyF said:
Yes, that is Hayden Christenson (sp) in the ghost scene at the end of ROTJ, however Sebastian Shaw is still in the movie. He played Anakin in the scene where Luke removes Vader's mask.

Rocky
I'm surprised they didn't put Hayden in that scene, too. ;)

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
Apparently you haven't been paying attention. The end of ROTJ has been changed more times than you can shake a stick at. My opinion is the first half of the movie is awesome, while the secong half pretty much bites until the Vader/Luke/Emporer battle. They keep changing it because they know they never have got it right yet.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
I guess I haven't been paying attention. But then I don't buy every version of the movie they produce and my original memories of the theatrical release are vague at best.

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
I am absolutely terrible about remembering movies unless the are really good or really bad. I saw ROTJ when I was 12 many many times. I just rember in the first version of ROTJ it ended in the jungle. The second it ended in city with a party. Then they have made a few changes to the party scene from time to time and of course there's the Anakin contraversy. I don't mind the change with Anakin, but feel the whole Ewok stuff could have been taken out and burned and replaced with something much cooler way back in the original release. The movie starts awesome with the "jailbreak" that reunites the gang, and ends well with the Skywalkers\Emporer bit, but the middle of the movie lost my interest even back when I was 12.

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
You're right about the character change at the end of the movie. Now here's the messed up part. Lucas is going to release another EP 4-6 trilogy digitally remastered with none of the new footage that they added to the special editions. Kind of like an Original re-release. I know this from a buddy of mine that works at a local big box electronics store.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis