Return of The Far Side

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
For those of us old enough to remember Gary Larson's "The Far Side" was a morning staple and the book collections were a great way to kill some time. He stopped making the one panel comic in 1995. He has decided to return with an official website after tiring of fighting all those who appropriated his work for their own uses. He will be reprising old favorites and will have occasional new panels on the website.

www.thefarside.com

If you aren't familiar with it you are in for a treat. If you are its a great rush of happy memories.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
For those of us old enough to remember Gary Larson's "The Far Side" was a morning staple and the book collections were a great way to kill some time. He stopped making the one panel comic in 1995. He has decided to return with an official website after tiring of fighting all those who appropriated his work for their own uses. He will be reprising old favorites and will have occasional new panels on the website.

www.thefarside.com

If you aren't familiar with it you are in for a treat. If you are its a great rush of happy memories.
Thanks for that!

I still have several of the books, bought them back when they released.

DANG! I didn't realize it was way back in 1995 when these stopped. Makes me fell old.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That is very cool! I loved The Far Side! Larson's humor is very unique and funny.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The Far Side returns! Thanks for that piece of good news.

If only Calvin & Hobbes came back, I'd be a very happy camper.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

Calvin and Hobbes started and stopped in a perfect place. I loved it but wouldn't want it back; it's perfect how it is. On the other hand, I would love to see another new comic by Bill Watterson, since the man is enormously talented. I would love to see what else he could cook up.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I recently saw something about the return of Larson and the missing in action status of Watterson generally. Now I can't find it....

Even if the site is largely reruns so to speak, I'm still putting it on my bookmark toolbar :) Might have to look at one of my Calvin & Hobbes books while I'm at it :)

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Mmmmm no such thing as too much Far Side. Looks like the complete collection is ~90 on Amazon. I might have to treat myself to that real soon.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja

You took the words right out of my mouth. My two favorite comics of all time! :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Good lord do I feel old. Funny thing is I was 12 when these stopped. Time is a strange thing. Only seems like yesterday that these were in the Sunday paper.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis