C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
j_garcia said:

1 receiver for multi room audio in the house
1 CD player for multi room audio in the house

The last two you might not need. You can just go with an amp and a distribution system (distribution hub and impedance matching switches or a multizone amp) running off zone2/3 from the receiver and sources in your main HT. One remote, no additional sources needed.

We do need a seperate receiver and CD player for the speakers around the house since the HT is downstairs and the mlti room audio is upstairs. The wires are allready run upstairs.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
Ok, I guess no one is going to help me here. But I want to know that the Optima H31 is a good PJ to get. What should I get for a screen?

Thanks for any futher tips,
Travis.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Check out projectorcentral.com for info on projectors. They seem to do quite a good job of researching them. As far as screens, the Da-Lite, Carada, and Stewart all seem to be popular choices. I've seen some DIY options and the paint on ones as well. If you can't have absolute control over the light, the new Mirage screen I saw at CEDIA was freakin amazing. Like looking at a LCD or Plasma. We want to get a hold of one to test as we are curious about the overall performance but it is something to keep your eye on.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
Cool, thanks for the info Tom. Enjoyed your CEDIA experience?

Our HT room has no windows in it. Completely dark. :)

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Cygnus said:
Ok, I guess no one is going to help me here. But I want to know that the Optima H31 is a good PJ to get. What should I get for a screen?

Thanks for any futher tips,
Travis.
Please read post #13 above......
(Also #12) But mainly, click on that link in post #13. It will have all the info you want...

EDIT:: The Mirage screen although is quite cool, may be out of your expected budget. They will cost about $2K - $3,000.00 easy.
However, I will see if I can fit one in my mothers budget... She only needs a 96" for the new house. Also that room it would be going into gets a lot of direct light. (However, with proper drapes and possibly window tint - this is not a problem)

Last edited:
C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
Good to know!

I just got back from Audio5.1 about 5 minutes ago and that was a very impressive place! We will probably be getting some pardagaim speakers, or some...uh...i think they were called Sinclair Audio speakers, for the HT. Really nice sounding, without any acoustic panelling in the room. Definetly the Yamaha RVX-657

W

westcott

Audioholic General
My only comment would be to suggest that you and your significant other view both projector technologies at length before making an investment. DLP and LCD both have their advantages and pitfalls, but you will have to live with them and the last thing you want is to get a headache or see rainbows every time you watch a movie.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
1. I'm ony 15, so I don't really have a significant other. ;)
2. The stores that we have been to, mainly sell LCD's and plasmas, and I havent seen any odd artifacts or have had any headaches while looking at either.
3. Most of the movie watching would be done in the HT room, where we are using a projector.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis