REQUESTING HELP please!

L

liljason951

Audiophyte
Hey everyone, i'm new to this forum =]

Well my DVD player has broken down, please help me (well it's my dad's and his angry)

I have a DVD/VIDEO CD/CD PLAYER Yamaha DVD-S80 (I think that's the model name) and when i insert a disc, it says

H07

Does it stand for hot? Or does it mean H Zero Seven. I can't play any type of disc, DVD, VCD, normal CD. That keeps popping up and when i try taking out the disc (pressing open), it lags hard.

In the owner's manual it says (in troubleshooting section):

Unit displays:
"H _ _" - __ stands for a number.

7 - You inserted a disc that the unit cannot play: insert one it can. (I tried my old dvds that i watched on the same unit that had worked, but it still comes up, so it's not the discs.)

- Trouble is likely to have occured. The number following "H" depends on the status of the unit.
Reset Procedure:
Press [standby/on] to switch the unit to standby mode and then back on. Alternatively, press [standby/on] to switch the unit to the standby mode, disconnect the AC power cable, and then reconnect it.

I tried it and it didnt work?!

Also, in another section it says

7 - Condensation has formed: Wait 1 to 2 hours for it to evaporate.
7 - This unit cannot play discs other than DVDs, CDs, and VCDs
7 - The dirty disc may require cleaning

Condensation has formed, wait for 1-2 hours --- is that with the unit on?
Can't play discs other than DVDs etc; --- I was trying to play discs that it can play.
Cleaning ---[/b] tried it

Also, you can't place the unit on amplifiers or equipment that may become hot. (Didn't see that till today which is over 2 years now that it has been resting on the amplifier)... is it wrecked for sure?

Please help me people.. :(
Any help is appreciated!!!

~liljason951

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Well, youi've read the manual. All I can suggest now is to unplug it.

Leave it unplugged for maybe half an hour, plug it back in and try it again. The "lagging" of the drawer is not a good sign and points to a possible mechanical situation.

If that doesn't do it then it's probably dead. They sometimes die that for no apparent reason, ya know. They don't build 'em like they used to.

I doubt having it on top of the amp killed it. That's potentially more dangerous to the amp than the DVD player but, in the future you might not want to do that.

Depending on what it's worth you might either try to get it repaired or if that's too expensive, simply replace it. Considering that I've seen similar players (not that brand) for < $40 at wal-mart I'd say the choice is pretty obvious.

...sorry...

Last edited:
L

liljason951

Audiophyte
WAHHH nooo

What about the 7 - Condensation has formed: Wait 1 to 2 hours for it to evaporate. part? Does that mean to leave the unit on and just leave it lying there for 1-2 hours? or just unplug it.

Ahh geez, this is in America - I'm in Australia XD

Thanks for your concerns and help,
~liljason951

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
liljason951 said:
WAHHH nooo

What about the 7 - Condensation has formed: Wait 1 to 2 hours for it to evaporate. part? Does that mean to leave the unit on and just leave it lying there for 1-2 hours? or just unplug it.

Ahh geez, this is in America - I'm in Australia XD

Thanks for your concerns and help,
~liljason951
I haven't seen this condition since the days of VHS tapes. This wound me valid if it had just been moved from one warm location (house) to another and, in between, it spent quite some time outside in a cool, moist environment. When that happened, sometimes condensation formed on some of the active parts inside. If that scenario isn't valid or unless it just came out of a freezer then it's not going to make a difference.

But, the fix for condensation was to just let it sit, unpowered, in the house for a few hours.

..good luck...

L

liljason951

Audiophyte
lol thanks man.

I don't know why it's got that in the manual ><
But i'll try it anyway... I'll post soon to let you guys know if it works.

~liljason951

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....could be a job for Mr. Hairdryer on low, with the door open.....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis