Replacing hdmi board in marantz av preamp

L

Lancerator

Audiophyte
Hey all
West wondering if it was easy or possible to replace the hdmi board in an marantz av 7702 or the like. Is it just a swap like a board in a computer? Do I need to do anything updates etc once it's done. Let me know
Thanks in advance for your help.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I'd recommend giving Marantz CS a call or shoot them a email.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hey all
West wondering if it was easy or possible to replace the hdmi board in an marantz av 7702 or the like. Is it just a swap like a board in a computer? Do I need to do anything updates etc once it's done. Let me know
Thanks in advance for your help.
You can download a service manual here for $9.95.

These sort if units are not modular like computers, so this probably will not be an easy job. More than likely this will require an initiation regime of some type.
Is there any reason in particular that this board failed that you know of? I would be particularly interested to know if you powered any type of active HDMI cable from one of the HDMI ports. I would not touch the unit without a service manual. Almost certainly there will be crucial information in the service manual.

Lets us know how you get on. As far as I know this is the first report here of an HDMI board failure on a Marantz pre/pro. A bit of history on the unit would satisfy my curiosity. We have had plenty of reports about HDMI board failures in receivers. However they have a much bigger market share. I am curious as I have a Marantz 7705 and two 7701s in use.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Another question would be is that board available to you?

L

Lancerator

Audiophyte
The reason I was asking was because I have the opportunity to buy one of these really cheap and the issue with it was the service department said the HDMI board was bad. I looked into getting a new board it wasn't really that much and thought I could maybe swap it out myself I have no history of what caused the issue

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
The reason I was asking was because I have the opportunity to buy one of these really cheap and the issue with it was the service department said the HDMI board was bad. I looked into getting a new board it wasn't really that much and thought I could maybe swap it out myself I have no history of what caused the issue
Well then it is worth spending the $9.95 in the service manual, then you will know if you can replace the HDMI board. Encompass are the authorized parts supplier for Marantz. I would not buy a board you do not know the provenance of. There is a good chance that the initiation my take special equipment and software. The manual will tell you all that.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis