Remote IR extension on an Infocus ScreenPlay 4805

K

kpierce

Junior Audioholic
Is it possible have an extension wire for the remote control receive? I have my projector mounted on the ceiling but would like to be able to point my remote at one central location by my receiver and cable box... Instead of point a remote at the ceiling, then at the receiver/cable box...

I know this is possible with other electronics, but I don't see anything about allowing the ScreenPlay 4805 to do this.

I hope that question is clear.

thanks

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
You don't need the projector to have that capability.

You can use an IR repeater (or two or three) that take IR and repeat the signal over RF to another repeater that in turn turns the signal back to IR. You would just need one of the IR repeaters in line of sight of the projector's IR eye.

OR

Get an RF capable remote and base station. Then you don't even need line of sight and can control the projector and every other component from practically anywhere in the house. My preference is the Home Theater Master rempotes from Universal Rempte Control, Inc but there are other similar solutions from other companies as well.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Check www.universalremote.com and listen to MDS on this one.

A nicely programmed MX-850 with a RF base station will properly turn on all of your gear and you won't necessarily have to point the remote at anything. Or even be in the room with the remote. :)

K

kpierce

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for the very quick response. I am assuming an IR Repeater and IR Extender are two different items...

Would and IR Extender do the same thing?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis