Reisong Boyuurange A10 EL34B

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
The next setup will be a pair of 801 d4s with mcintosh. Sadly right now is not the right time to spend 100k
You don't have to spend a fortune to get great sound, you just have to be methodical about your purchases.

Example: You have a large room and like to listen music or watch movies very loud, you're gonna need good subs to get the best perceived sound. Amplification is now very cheap per watt and with incredible measurements (ie, Hyoex, Pascal, & Purifi modules), so it shouldn't be a first consideration.

Untill you get *your* holy grail speakers, always be looking for speaker upgrades first, with exception to processors and sound formats/features you might need.

L

lukecho

Audioholic Intern
You don't have to spend a fortune to get great sound, you just have to be methodical about your purchases.

Example: You have a large room and like to listen music or watch movies very loud, you're gonna need good subs to get the best perceived sound. Amplification is now very cheap per watt and with incredible measurements (ie, Hyoex, Pascal, & Purifi modules), so it shouldn't be a first consideration.

Untill you get *your* holy grail speakers, always be looking for speaker upgrades first, with exception to processors and sound formats/features you might need.
I absolutely love my setup right now but upgrading from here would have to be massive or not really worth it it seems. I've heard many great stereo systems in my life and I honestly think my setup sounds just as good for a 1/4 of the price.
I have 2 12s svs right now I want the 16s but I think they go for 5k each. Once the basement is finished I think I'll be pulling the trigger on them, that'll be my next upgrade for my system.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There are ways to implement "tubey" sounds via plugins if you have the gear to use them with, too. I wouldn't pay 5k for an SVS sub, think they're closer to 2900 (assuming you're in the US)....I'd look at JTR instead.

L

lukecho

Audioholic Intern
I'm in canada, I've never heard of jtr. I'll have to look into them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm in canada, I've never heard of jtr. I'll have to look into them.
May not have much presence in Canada. Some of the best sub guys are Canadian in the form of Funk/Harbottle...but pricey :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis