rehooking five subs

R

redd454

Audioholic
i have five main sub's, i have the all connected from my, yamaha rx-v2095, these are monoprice sub's, they are equipped with left and right inputs and outputs' as so they can be chained together, i wish to do this, because i want to eliminat alot of wyes and cable' i know it works per manufacture, my question, have any of you ran twin line, using left and right= one wye at amp. i had done this early in my life, and it seemed quality was better, i would like to run amazon basic, or mediabridge cable, i realize sub's are mono, yetone may catch some missed signal on the dual hook up, just don't like wye's and yes i know, you really only have to use one cable/left usually, but i'm still kinda old school, if it,'s there by chance, i wanna catch it, at any rate, will runnig dual males in chaing hurt?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Some subs need both L and R inputs at the same time if not running in LFE mode to get to full output (I don't think this is common anymore), but in your case it would probably do next to nothing. Daisy chaining that many subs together could degrade the signal, but I'm not 100% on that.

Man, that is an OLD receiver. You are correct when you say you are old school.

R

redd454

Audioholic
Some subs need both L and R inputs at the same time if not running in LFE mode to get to full output (I don't think this is common anymore), but in your case it would probably do next to nothing. Daisy chaining that many subs together could degrade the signal, but I'm not 100% on that.

Man, that is an OLD receiver. You are correct when you say you are old school.

R

redd454

Audioholic
true old, but barley used,infact i have two,,,flagship rec. in their day' poss leave them wyed, i thought that many wye's might degrade signal,yet i have been told in another conversation, than such equipped sub's with oulets, for this purpose, would be the same as wye's, just less cable, for basically, as i understand from monoprice, these l/r out's on sub's are doing the same thing, passing signal?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
may be a dumb question, but what are you referring to when you say wye?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis