1313stang

Audioholic Intern
what'd your thoughts on refurbished speakers? 30 day return policy. worth the risk & pita if something isn' right? couple hundred dollar difference between new and refurbished.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
It is rare for any speaker to have problems -- a lot of times they are returns (changed mind) -- or a slight cosmetic problem -- worth the risk with a return policy.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
It depends on the company. If it's something like SVS and many other reputable companies that offer full warranties and the same satisfaction guarantees as new, then it can be a solid deal.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Refurbished products often carry warranty. Some even offer the same or nearly the same as when brand new. I have bought a lot of refurbished gear over the years all w/o a hitch. Most of the time I could NOT find anything wrong with them. That is, they looked and sounded as good as new. Hence, I would NOT be afraid to order refurbished again. Just saying............:):):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
One important thing that I forgot to point out when buying refurbished is to make sure the unit is "factory" refurbished. Not repaired by some fly by night or 3rd party vendor. Always be sure to pay attention to the warranty too. Hence, most factory repaired units will have factory warranty. Sometimes, extended warrantied can also be purchased. ;););)

Cheers,

Phil

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
My son has bought factory refurbished KEF Q300, Q200c, and Q800ds speakers from Accessories4Less.com and I can say that without question...absolutely impossible to tell them from new!

I couldn't even detect that the boxes had been opened. Ever.

1313stang

Audioholic Intern
Hmm bought a Klipsch 450 on amazon. Through a place called huppins. Asked them about warranty returns etc. they said still carries factory warranty & fulfilled by amazon so normal return policy applies. Description said “certified” refurb. & their listed in klipschs dealer list. Should be here fri. Hope I didn’t screw up. I’m pretty jazzed about getting a speaker virtually everyone says is great. Oh I also bout a 4 yr extended warranty. Usually not a big warranty fan but since it’s a refurb & for 15$ thought what the hell. Thanks for all the input

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
"Virtually everyone says is great"....well, not everyone. ;)

Good luck with it. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis