Refurbished Speakers?

C

chris9124

Audiophyte
I'm looking at factory refurbished Revel F30 and C30 speakers, they come with a full 5 year factory warranty from a place called STO Sound and Vision in Jenkintown, PA. They are for sale on their website (TSTO.com). Looks like a good deal and the dealer looks legit...Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions about the speakers or the dealer?

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
looks like a decent enough place, try contacting Revel and see if they do in fact know how these guys are and know they are selling refurbs with factory warranty. If its all a go, looks like it will be a steal. I love the look of revel speakers, very modern. Also saw those martin logan ascents, they look very nice too.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
For the most part with speakers, you can replace a damaged component and the speaker will sound more or less the same as it did before. There are variances among drivers and x-overs sometimes, but overall, I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially since they have a warranty (providing they are legit).

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
I don't think their prices are all that great. Just looking at the pre-owned receivers - you can do just as well on ebay. What they do is add on an aftermarket warranty, which is why the price is a bit higher. I'm sure the speakers are fine, but I'd shop around before settling on that place to make sure you're not overpaying. ML's and Revels are tough to find used. Ebay, Audiogon, Shopzilla, etc... are good places to start.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis