Refurbished receivers?

Smartass408

Smartass408

Audioholic Intern
What are your guys' opinions on refurbished receivers? What would be your recommendations for good brands/models to look at? I don't have a huge budget, hence why I'm looking at refurbs. Looking to spend ~300 +/- 15%

And what would be a reputable place to look for/buy refurbs.

Thanks for the help

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
i know www.ecost.com has some refurbished Denon receivers. I can't comment on their quality though. Hopefully someone else will have some experience with refurb receivers, because I was wondering about them too.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
accessories 4 less has great deals on refurbs. I've bought two refurb units and couldn't be happier. I've also bought my big Canton floorstanders from them. Not refurb, but they have a ton of discontinued models that are really good deals. Many here will second this notion.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Excellent way to save some money or push your budget for a superior product. Half my systems are either refurbs, reconditioned or used and have had very good luck with them.

eCost is one location to look for refurbished Denon or Onkyo receivers, AC4Less is also another good place as DavidTwoTrees mentioned above. Dakmart is also another reputable location to find refurbished Denon receivers as well.

There is a bit of risk going with a refurb, but if the seller is reputable and it comes with a valid manufacturer's warranty, albeit limited compared to new, the reward is there as well... -TD

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
My parents got a refurbished Denon from ecost.com and it came looking like it was brand new, and hasn't given them any problems whatsoever.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I've bought several refurbished Onkyo, KEF, and Marantz pieces from Accessories4less and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. They are factory authorized for everything they sell and are extremely easy to deal with.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis