REDray 4k Laser Cinema Projector: Now this is exciting.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
REDray 4K cinema laser projector and player eyes-on (video) -- Engadget

There is not much info here, but it looks like this could be the next big thing for higher-end home theaters. I am going to start saving now.

It also sounds like it will be cheaper than some of the not-so-special/elitist projector brands like Sim2 and Runco. Too bad they don't say "under $3000" instead of "under $10000." :D

Very industrial looking... I think it is awseome, but I am sure many wives (my wife) would want some fancy projection box to hide it.

Last edited:
G

Grador

I'm really curious to see how this works out. I'm happy to note that the engadget writer thought it looked very sharp....on a 24" screen. It does look very cool though, and I really like the idea of laser projectors and the things the bring to the party.

strube

strube

I'm happy to note that the engadget writer thought it looked very sharp....on a 24" screen.
Note that the article originally said "24 inch" and was corrected to say "24 foot."

G

Grador

Note that the article originally said "24 inch" and was corrected to say "24 foot."
This is an important note that I completely missed, read the article when first posted. Thank's for putting me strait! I'd love to see this thing in action.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Finally... A decent reason to root for red...

I mean, other than the Washington Capitals.

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
The owner of RED digital made motorcycle hand grips before he started and sold the Oakley empire. Read about it in Wired or something a couple years ago. Anyways, I found the link if anyone is interested.Jim Jannard

I

Impelled

Junior Audioholic
This is my holy grail, cant wait to see what its like.
I'll be saving too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis