Recommended DVD player for iLink/1394 setup ?

B

ben2e

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I've been shopping for a DVD player. I really don't care how good it does D/A conversion as I'm hoping to hook it up via i-Link/1394 to perhaps one of the new Sony ES receivers or something similar. &nbsp;My dilimna is the players with FireWire outputs are the same players that have the fanciest and elaborate D/A features and seem to cost top dollar for features I mostly won't use. If I'm going to hook this thing up via Firewire and DVI, I don't care if it has ANY D/A at all, let alone the best money can buy (like the Denon 5900).

I saw that the Pioneer Elite DV47-Ai has at least the i-Link part but no DVI and is in the $600 range which is getting towards reasonable but I haven't seen any reviews raving about the Pioneer Elite players. If I'm using i-Link, am I missing out on anything using the Pioneer ? Is there another player out there I should consider instead ? &nbsp;

It seems like these iLink/DVI players are JUST now becoming widely available so it's an awkward time to buy one.

Thanks,

Ben</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis