Recommended Desktop AMP to go with Heos HS2 Link???

D

Don Gately

Audiophyte
Just got 'got' by a dude on FB Marketplace selling a Heos HS2 amp for $100. When it showed up it was not the amp as advertised and in the pictures, but the HS2 Link Preamp/Streamer. Now I need a small amp to go with it to power a pair of Klipsch RB-61 II's, and a powered sub. This is for the bedroom. My better gear is in the living room, and I need to be on a budget--so this needs to be under $200 for the amp.

afford-hifi

afford-hifi

Junior Audioholic
Hey Don,

If you are looking for something on a budget, have you considered any of the Dayton Audio amps over at Parts Express? I have used a few of their amps with pretty good luck.

James

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The Dayton amp is a good suggestion, maybe one of the SMSL offerings. The amp won't "power" the active sub, tho, and the link seems to already have a sub pre-out.

D

Don Gately

Audiophyte
Yeah, I've looked at the Dayton audio amp--can't remember where I read, but had horrible benchmark testing (eg: SINAD, SNR, THD, etc) I think on audio science review, plus I really don't want anything class D, or rather anything class D that is any good is way out of my price range. I'm currently looking at getting a 1998 Carver A-220, and setting a Shiit Modi 3 in between the HEOS Link and the amp.

afford-hifi

afford-hifi

Junior Audioholic
Yeah, I've looked at the Dayton audio amp--can't remember where I read, but had horrible benchmark testing (eg: SINAD, SNR, THD, etc) I think on audio science review, plus I really don't want anything class D, or rather anything class D that is any good is way out of my price range. I'm currently looking at getting a 1998 Carver A-220, and setting a Shiit Modi 3 in between the HEOS Link and the amp.
If you can find one in your budget could be a good fit! Have you considered an Emotiva A-100?

James

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I've been eyeballing this one for a while, it is class AB. I never heard it, just been considering it for myself.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Horrible like some Schiit stuff measures at asr? :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis