M

mytthor

Audiophyte
Moving from a 1bed apt into a 3 bedroom house, so obviously I have to upgrade the ht a bit. This is my plan:

Panasonic pc t58v20
Pioneer vsx-819h
tSc tsbst ht-5.1
xbox 360 elite
ps3

Pretty set on the Plasma and the receiver, at that price point, only the pioneer is looking like it has zone 2 support. I'm less educated on speakers than on other facets, so I was looking for any suggestions around the $600 and under price point. I'd rather not go the used route. My room is about 15x15 and one end is open to the kitchen, so I'm not going to be able to get any incredible fidelity anyway, but I want to improve on my current sony htib by quite a bit. I'm about 60% Tv/Movies, 30% games, 10% music.

If I do any room treatments or a second sub, it won't be right away.

Also, am I right in assuming with 3 inputs all with hdmi, the pioneer's lack of video processing isn't going to be an issue? Or is it still going to improve my standard def programming quality? Or, the third option, is the TV processing going to be better than any receiver around that price?

Thanks for suggestions.

R

Robof83

Audioholic
You could get 4 infinity beta 20s/a 360 center/ and a Dayton 120 that imo would be a significant upgrade over the HTIB you have atm. The cheapest place to get all these things is on ebay.

Another suggestion would be the Behringer 2030p which goes for about $130 a pair, but I found them slightly inferior to the Betas for HT purposes.

Hope that helps

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis