Recommendations for Side, Rear, and Center Speaker Stands

lancer360

lancer360

Junior Audioholic
I just placed an order for 7 Arendal 1723S speakers to replace my aging speakers. The mains are towers, but I will need stands for the center and the 4 bookshelf speakers. The tweeter height on the mains is 29" Ear height is 33" to 40" depending if you are sitting upright or reclining. If I go with 12" above ear height for the bookshelf, then I need speaker stands from 33.8" to 40.8" tall. There are tons of options for tall speaker stands. The problem I'm having is the center speaker. I need a stand under 13.4" to 15.3" depending on whether I let the speaker overlap the 2" screen border. I'm not really seeing any center speaker stands that can handle the weight (41 lbs), are short enough, and are in stock. Would be really nice if it would also allow for angling the speaker upwards as well. I would like the center and bookshelf stands to be matching if at all possible. Any ideas?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Check monolith by Monoprice. Also VTI, Sanus. There are others, too.

B

BFL

Audioholic
the ones i bought from Amazon for my surrounds claim they hold up to 80lbs and are adjustable for height. They are $74 pair. AxcessAbles SMS-101 are what i bought, since they make a heavy duty stand maybe they offer a short one as well.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Monolith and Sanus don't have a center that is short enough. VTI does though. That is a promising option.
I have the VTI DF for my bookshelves and it is a very solid stand with a cast base and steel post and plate (quite heavy). Much better than the VIVO stands I got off of Amazon which were made from much thinner metal.

I don't know about the center, but the VTI bookshelf stands also have grommets at the top and bottom of the post for hiding wires inside, which is a nice feature, or you can plug the holes and fill the tubes with sand for added weight.

lancer360

lancer360

Junior Audioholic
I ended up going with the VTI stands. Wife liked the DF model the best.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I ended up going with the VTI stands. Wife liked the DF model the best.
I hope you enjoy them. I got the DF because the profile of the base matched the profile of my speakers and they were half the cost of the matching Paradigm stands. I'd be curious to know whether they include rubber feet? Mine came with spikes integrated into the base, but that was over 10 years ago and I have carpet so that's fine. For hardwood or tile the spikes would need to be removed.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I hope you enjoy them. I got the DF because the profile of the base matched the profile of my speakers and they were half the cost of the matching Paradigm stands. I'd be curious to know whether they include rubber feet? Mine came with spikes integrated into the base, but that was over 10 years ago and I have carpet so that's fine. For hardwood or tile the spikes would need to be removed.
IIRC, my VTI RFs came with rubber feet and spikes, both. The monoliths only came with spikes.

lancer360

lancer360

Junior Audioholic
I believe the website said they came with both. I'm on carpet, so I need the spikes.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis