Recommendations for consumer-level HT system

B

BustANut

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Just wanted to get some of your recommendations for a decent, consumer (rather low-end) home theatre system for my office. &nbsp;I already have a rather high-end system at home (HK receiver, Klipsch speakers, HDTV, around $10k for the entire system), and am not as familiar with the low-end (i.e. surround systems at retail stores such as Best Buy).

I'm looking to spend around $600 on the receiver and the speakers, and would prefer an all-in-one package (don't need a DVD player or a TV set, just a receiver and speakers). &nbsp;So far I've looked into a couple of systems: the Sony HT-DDW840 system and a couple of Pioneer, Kenwood, and Yamaha systems (all around $450 for the surround speakers and the receiver). &nbsp;Currently, the Sony HT-DDW840 system appears to offer more features and better surround sound than the Pioneer or Yamaha systems that I've listened to thus far, so I am leaning toward the Sony system at this point. &nbsp;

However, before I make a final decision on purchasing a surround system for the office, I wanted to request your recommendations for a decent, inexpensive, consumer-level surround system.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis