Recommendation or t/s parameters for B8Xa M-Audio speakers???

D

DanielWilde

Audiophyte
Hello!

As the title says, can anyone help me with some parameters for the M-audio B8Xa speakears or some driver replacement?
Thanks in advance!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello!

As the title says, can anyone help me with some parameters for the M-audio B8Xa speakears or some driver replacement?
Thanks in advance!
No! First of all we have no idea of the original spec. Next you never find two drivers alike. To top it off that is an active speaker and I suspect that the driver/amp were conceived as a unit.

Trying to find a replacement driver other than an OEM one is really a fruitless search.

How did you blow the speakers up anyway?

You need exact replacements from M-Audio.

D

DanielWilde

Audiophyte
Thank you for the reply.
The speakers aren't mine, a friend of mine asked for my help.
As I understood after a 3-day party the speakers got broken...

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Unless you can buy OE replacements from the manufacturer, TLS Guy is spot-on.

I had some 1986 vintage Hafler 200 speakers which had a tweeter fail. Being out of business there was little hope of getting the factory replacements. When I removed the tweeters I found they were well marked as being a Vifa model number, 6Ω. Lucky for me Parts Express had a few remaining, as Vifa had been bought out and they are still working for my niece.

If M-Audio can't provide the replacements your only hope is to remove the drivers and hope they're similarly marked.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Unless you can buy OE replacements from the manufacturer, TLS Guy is spot-on.

I had some 1986 vintage Hafler 200 speakers which had a tweeter fail. Being out of business there was little hope of getting the factory replacements. When I removed the tweeters I found they were well marked as being a Vifa model number, 6Ω. Lucky for me Parts Express had a few remaining, as Vifa had been bought out and they are still working for my niece.

If M-Audio can't provide the replacements your only hope is to remove the drivers and hope they're similarly marked.
We don't even know it just needs drivers, or drivers at all. These are active speakers and the whole works may have been blown up at the party.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Already opened but is not marked.
Are you certain it needs a new driver? They are active speakers with two power amps and an electronic crossover in each speaker. Without doing some tests you can't assume this is a speaker driver failure or even if there is a speaker failure there could well be a fried amp as well.

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Or, more likely the amps. Drivers in speakers like that are generally pretty tough, and a rare day the maker would put drivers in which could be overpowered by their own amps. They don't want to be the source of their own warranty claims.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis