Recently Purchased Turntables

CDogg

CDogg

Junior Audioholic
We don't have an Analog or Turntable forum, and I didn't know where my thread should go. If this is the wrong place, please move to the appropriate forum.

Not sure how many members are into vinyl/analog. I recently added two turntables to my audio system, and I thought I would share with you pictures of the turntables.

The first one is a custom built AR XB turntable that was built by my good friend Steve Frosten. This is the third AR he has built for me, but I believe the XB is a keeper. I wanted a retromod for the XB. That means the outside is stock looking, while all the mods were done underneath. The tonearm tube is a Technics SL1200, which will let me swap out headshell/cartridge. I have an AT-MONO 3/LP moving coil mono cartridge, AT-440ML/OCC moving magnet cartridge, and a Denon DL-110 moving coil cartridge. Ok, too much talking and no pictures.

AR XB Turntable

The next turntable is a Dual 1219. I sold one back in February of this year, but I had seller's remorse. I purchased the 1219 from Fix My Dual. Bill Neumann is a wonderful man to do business with. He has the largest parts inventory for Dual turntables from the 1960s to 1980s. I contacted a friend of mine who does woodworking as a hobby. I asked him if he could build a plinth for my 1219. After several email exchanges regarding the drawings, the design was agreed on, and the 1219 with new plinth arrived this morning. I could not be more pleased with the outcome. The new plinth is made from Black Walnut with two or three coats of tung oil. I know, too much yackin'.

Dual 1219

I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures as much as I like to share them with good friends.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis