Recently got F1 2010

X

x360 fever

Audiophyte
Hey all.

I've been an avid F1 fan for a number of years now. I'm also deep into simulators.

Little did I know that I was in for a little disappointment. The game barely runs at 30 fps. I think when we're talking about a racing title or a simulator, one factor that really impacts realism and gameplay is the framerate.

I switched from 1080p to 720p..didn't make much of a difference. Now this is interesting.. I switched from 720p to 1080i...and the action seemed a bit smoother without much degradation in quality. I proceeded to lower it to 480p, and was able to get slightly smoother frames. I think I'll stick to 1080i for this one, as I can't seem to notice much of a difference between 480p and 1080i, performance-wise.

What are your thoughts on that? Who here feels F1 2010 should have had a higher fps count?

P.s: the replays look faster and smoother than the in-game racing. Strange..

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
If you are playing it on a console, it wont matter what you set your output resolution to - it will run at the same framerate. If you want actual control over the quality settings and fps you get, you need to be playing on a computer.

P

ptn72

Audiophyte
From your username, I assume that you run it on XBOX. I have PS3 system and plan to get this game. If this also holds true for PS3, it's a disappointment. I'll probably rent it before buying it

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis