Receiver ventilation?

T

termin8ted314

Audioholic
How much clearance should i have? My Denon 2310 is bigger than my old receiver and its a tight fit into my entertainment center?

If i lower the shelf and have a lot of clearance on top will that be good enough or should i have a certain amount on each side?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
How much clearance should i have? My Denon 2310 is bigger than my old receiver and its a tight fit into my entertainment center?

If i lower the shelf and have a lot of clearance on top will that be good enough or should i have a certain amount on each side?
Denon typically says in its manuals to provide about 4" clearance above the receiver. Look in your owner's manual for specifics for your model.

Is your entertainment center open or closed? If it is closed, find a way to open it on two opposite sides, such as the front and back. My entertainment center was closed on the sides and back and has doors on the front. I opened a receiver-sized hole in the rear panel, and with the front door open, there is enough cross ventilation to allow heat to escape and be replaced by cooler air from outside the cabinet. No need for fans.

T

termin8ted314

Audioholic
Denon typically says in its manuals to provide about 4" clearance above the receiver. Look in your owner's manual for specifics for your model.

Is your entertainment center open or closed? If it is closed, find a way to open it on two opposite sides, such as the front and back. My entertainment center was closed on the sides and back and has doors on the front. I opened a receiver-sized hole in the rear panel, and with the front door open, there is enough cross ventilation to allow heat to escape and be replaced by cooler air from outside the cabinet. No need for fans.
I havent ordered it yet but its pretty much all closed with glass doors on the front. i was thinking of just leaving the back panel off where the receiver is. I dont see anything in the manual with measurements it just says give it enough room for proper cooling!

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Its not just the top, one should also have adequate clearance for the L/R sides. At least 3 inches for each.

Just my $0.01... ;)

T

termin8ted314

Audioholic
Its not just the top, one should also have adequate clearance for the L/R sides. At least 3 inches for each.

Just my $0.01... ;)
There is no way ill get that kind of clearance even if i use my old audio furniture. Ill get maybe 2 inches tops. Most of the stuff im finding doesnt give 3 inches clearance on each side

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I havent ordered it yet but its pretty much all closed with glass doors on the front. i was thinking of just leaving the back panel off where the receiver is. I dont see anything in the manual with measurements it just says give it enough room for proper cooling!
Download Denon's manual for the 2310CI, and look on page 3 where it says Cautions on Installation. Denon no longer specifies how much space, but they do say "Do not install this unit in a confined space, such as a bookcase or similar enclosure."

If you leave off the back panel as you said above, and leave the glass door open while its on, you should be fine. The idea is to avoid trapping the heat.

T

termin8ted314

Audioholic
Download Denon's manual for the 2310CI, and look on page 3 where it says Cautions on Installation. Denon no longer specifies how much space, but they do say "Do not install this unit in a confined space, such as a bookcase or similar enclosure."

If you leave off the back panel as you said above, and leave the glass door open while its on, you should be fine. The idea is to avoid trapping the heat.
Yeah im going to check into doing that. I also have this little dumber usb fan that i can get the air circulating if i had to

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

I agree. I have a Yamaha RX-1800 that used to be placed in an entertainment center. It had less than an inch clearance on the sides but about 5 to 6 inches from the top. It worked very well barely getting warm. Since heat raises, I think its more important to give as much clearance at the top as possible. The wife took the entertainment center for the mainfloor family room and I've got an Ikea stand for my Yamaha plus big screen TV.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis