L

littleb

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I have a Yamaha receiver. &nbsp;It has always bothered me that with this receiver I have very few options when it comes to tonal control. &nbsp;The bass and treble controls on the front of the receiver are almost meaningless. &nbsp;They alter the tone so very slightly. &nbsp;I'm sure Yamaha did this to keep the sound natural. &nbsp;Maybe, it's a little too natural for my living room. &nbsp;It may be time to find something with meaningful tone controls. &nbsp;You guys have any ideas?</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Altering tone is not really the right path to accurate audio but if that is the case, why not add a Yamaha EQ-550 or a parametric eq.</font>

M

mwc

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>littleb, I saw your post over at Axiom forum on this subject.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around your question. Your question beg another question: Just how much do you want to &quot;alter&quot; the tone and why? (well maybe two questions).

Sounds like you might need one of the new Yamaha receivers (1400/2400) for thier YPAO feature if I'm reading you right.(and now it seems that Denon has jumped on the auto EQ wagon as well)</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis