Receiver or Processor?

J

johnnyfire617

Enthusiast
Okay,

XMC-1 Emotiva, or RSX-1560 Rotel? I know going with the emotiva processor will require separates for all my speakers, while with the Rotel only need a bump up for the LCR channels or just use less powerful speakers. Mainly looking for the best sound I can get both are spected. well for all my connections. Also with the emotiva I would pair with the XPA-2 and XPA-5 amps. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Johnny

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Speakers first, amp later...

The amp needed depends on the speaker being driven, can you tell us what you are driving?

Knucklehead90

Knucklehead90

Audioholic
You have a bit of a wait for the XMC-1. And I wouldn't settle on it just yet. Since nobody owns one yet there is no way to know how well it'll work. The UMC-1 was flawed on arrival and it's taken 2 years of patchwork to get the thing to work decently. And the jury is still out on that too. On paper the XMC-1 looks great but implementation is everything.

I've hedged my bet - I have a 40% discount card for one. It'll either be used by me before the end of the year or I'll sell it and buy a Denon 4311.

J

johnnyfire617

Enthusiast
(Agarwalro)
I'm actually looking to do a full run of the emotiva speakers. (Fronts would be the ERT-8.3), (Center ERM-6.3), and (surrounds/rears XRS-4.1), one sub for now (Rytmik FV15HP).

(Knucklehead90)
Thanks for the sound advice guess its kinda like buying a new car don't really won't to do it before someone else has tested it but looks so good you almost can't stop yourself. But patience will be on my side I have several months before I get serious into purchasing, research and development at this time.

Thanks,

Johnny

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
(Agarwalro)
I'm actually looking to do a full run of the emotiva speakers. (Fronts would be the ERT-8.3), (Center ERM-6.3), and (surrounds/rears XRS-4.1), one sub for now (Rytmik FV15HP).
...Johnny
There are several companies with good speakers in your budget. Also look into Ascend Acoustics, Aperion Audio, Infinity Primus series, Emp Tek, the list goes on.

I'm with Dave on his recommendation to audition as many speakers as possible before purchasing.

F

FirstReflection

AV Rant Co-Host
I'd also recommend getting the Denon 4311CI. The Rotel doesn't offer all the features of the Denon and who knows if Emotiva will ever actually ship their new pre/pro. People waited 3 years for the UMC and it most certainly wasn't worth it in the end!

The 4311 is already a powerful amp supply, but you also have the option to run it as a pre/pro, so if you want separate amplification, that option is wide open to you!

J

johnnyfire617

Enthusiast
I'd also recommend getting the Denon 4311CI. The Rotel doesn't offer all the features of the Denon and who knows if Emotiva will ever actually ship their new pre/pro. People waited 3 years for the UMC and it most certainly wasn't worth it in the end!

The 4311 is already a powerful amp supply, but you also have the option to run it as a pre/pro, so if you want separate amplification, that option is wide open to you!
I am really gearing towards the Denon really like the specs, I like the idea of being able to use it as a stand alone unit, and if needing able to upgrade to separates later, never crossed my mind. For some reason i am fixated on balanced outputs which I can't seem to find on any of the Receivers i have looked at. Would there really be much of a difference if I decided to upgrade later to separates and have to use the unbalanced outputs?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis