receiver info for paradigm speakers

jrock

Audiophyte
I am looking at puchasing a new a/v receiver. I currenlty have Paradigm phantoms, atoms, & a cc170. I am considering these models

Elite 56txi
Denon 3804
Rotel 1056
Yamaha rx-v2500
Marantz 8500

I am looking for some feedback to help with my decision.

E

eirepaul

Audioholic
I have paradigm mini monitors, micros and a Paradigm sub in a 7.1 setup with a Denon 3805 and I love the sound. Bear in mind that paradigms have a laid-back sound and in combination with the 3805 it all sounds sweet - certainly no harshness or brittleness. It depends a lot on your preferences of course.

D

dloweman

Audioholic
paul,
What do you use it for most? For music, I would have to say if you are interested in music quality, then the rotel is hands down the best for paradigms. If not, then you should also look at the denon and yammie as well as the rotel. They are all very good receivers, it is just that these 3 are the best match with paradigm, as they are a little more revealing, and the paradigms are a little on the warm side. I have the monitor series and love the, and will hopefully be matching them with a yammie, or denon soon, since i can't afford rotel. Each have their own unique sound, so listen for yourself to see which you prefer.
Derek

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
jrock said:
I am looking at puchasing a new a/v receiver. I currenlty have Paradigm phantoms, atoms, & a cc170. I am considering these models

Elite 56txi
Denon 3804
Rotel 1056
Yamaha rx-v2500
Marantz 8500

I am looking for some feedback to help with my decision.
You are way,way overspending on your receiver. Upgrade your speakers first. The receiver has only a minor impact on your sound. $500 dollar speakers hooked up to $1500 receiver will only sound so-so. However, $1500 speakers hookup up to a $500 receiver will sound great. I submit that in a blind sound test you could not tell the difference between the Denon 3400 compared to the $500 Denon reveiver (cant remember the model name at the moment). Put your money where it will actually improve the sound, better speakers. I bet a nice pair of Paradigm Studio 20s upfront would make HUGH improvement in your sound. The more expensive receivers and amps will comtribute little if any improvement except for some possible placebo effect.

Nick

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis