J

jameson333

Audiophyte
Hey!

I jumped the gun and bought Energy 5.1 Take Classic home theater set from Amazon (mostly because of the reviews and the price) before doing any research. After the fact, I did some research to get a better understanding of its specs and what it can provide. I think these will still do fine for me considering I'm just getting into all of this and didn't want to spend a ton to begin with. Now I'm trying to decide on a receiver.

After a few hours of researching and reading reviews, I'm torn between a few.

Denon AVR-S710W
Denon AVR-X1200
Denon AVR-X2100

I would like to allow some room for growth in power and/or number of speakers. I could make good use of having a second zone if I get the X2100. If I get either of the newer ones I would eventually get speakers to make use of the Dolby Atmos capability.

I am looking for some suggestions or food for thought in deciding between these 3 (or other considerations in the same price range-ish). I'm planning on buying from accessories4less to save some money. Here is my current brain dump based on my limited knowledge:

- X2100 is older but (a little) higher end compared to the X1200 and provides some room to grow with regards to power
- X1200 is newer, supports Dolby Atmos which I will eventually use, Audyssey Silver (vs Bronze in the S710), but has less power than the X2100
- S710 is about $70 cheaper than the X1200, Audyssey Bronze

Does the difference between Audyssey Bronze vs Silver result in a noticeably better experience and is it worth the $70? Should I opt for more power from the X2100 and forego the opportunity for Atmos in the future? I would just go for the X2200 but I really don't want to dish out $500 for a receiver.

I'm mostly leaning towards the two newer models but I didn't want to totally throw out the possibility of getting a good value, older, and slightly higher end model. Please correct me on any misunderstandings or misconceptions I may have. I'm open to learn and to any advice!

Thanks

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
You understood everything correctly. If your final choices are between the S710 and X1200W, save the $70 and get the S710. Audyssey XT vs MultEQ is not worth $70. Audyssey will help mainly in setting up your subwoofer and there is no difference in resolution between Audyssey XT (Silver) and MultEQ (Bronze). They both have Dynamic EQ, that you may or may not be useful to you.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I would consider the Zone 2 line out and remote input as worthwhile- whether it's worth $70 is your decision.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis