Rear surround sound speakers

Q

qqkltb

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hello everyone, I have a question maybe someone can help me figure out how to get more sound out of my rear speakers. I have the Onkyo TRX600 A/V reciever and I'm using the Klipsch reference series 3ll. Because of the shape of the room My rear speakers are about twice the distance of front Towers. I get decent sound from rears if I decrease the volume of the from to almost nothing, but then I loose the imaging and sound that I want to get from the fronts. Oh yeah I'm referring to when I'm using dolby prologicII for music, The Dolby Digital 5.1 and 6.1 are fantastic. If you can help I would like to thank you in advance.</font>

R

richard

Audiophyte
<font color='#0000FF'>go into your reciever and adjust the volume db. limit to where you feel comfortable. the klipsch surrounds are very sensitive speaker and should get louder when you adjust the db. limits in your reciever menu. also set as small.</font>

P

PierreIsHere

Enthusiast
<font color='#0000FF'>I don't know about the Onkyo, but these might help:

1. Set the proper distances from the receiver, this is the first thing. Use imperial (feet) not metric if you have this option. If you use meters, the case in my Sony STR-777ES, you will be adjusting the distance in 1 meter steps, which is in 3.28028 feet steps, while if you use imperial you would be setting it in increments of 1 foot, which is .3048 meters, more accurate.

2. Set the rear speakers to small, so that you would protect them from low frequencies, which will harm your speakers on high volumes, in your case, your rear speakers are going to play louder than normal.

3. Use the test tones to adjust the level of your speakers to be equal from your listening position. A Sound Level Meter might be helpful in this regard.

I'm not an expert, but these are the basics that I know,

Good luck,</font>

P

PierreIsHere

Enthusiast
<font color='#0000FF'>One more thing, you might want to boost the treble of the rear speakers a bit, and lower the delay, again if you have these options in the Onkyo.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis