rear speakers placement in wall or ceiling

D

Davey1188

Audiophyte
Hello everyone.

There may be some post in here regarding this matter but im new to the forum thing.
I have a small living room and I want some rear speaker for better sound when watching movies.The thing is my couch is against the back wall. Do I install them in the wall or ceiling?????????????
Or just live with no Rear speakers.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!

J

Jaybeez

Junior Audioholic
What would you be playing the speakers through? Do you have a surround sound amp or receiver? Is it 5.1? 7.1? What kind of speakers do you have (or are considering)?

Depending on what you have or are planning to have, the answer might vary.

D

Davey1188

Audiophyte
I haven't got speakers yet, do to not knowing about placement. Going to run it in 5.1 configure. I also can hang speakers from ceiling or wall. but my couch is jammed against back wall.

Thanks

D

Davey1188

Audiophyte
how do you post a picture of your home on here see folks can see your room setup??????????????

J

Jaybeez

Junior Audioholic
I haven't got speakers yet, do to not knowing about placement. Going to run it in 5.1 configure. I also can hang speakers from ceiling or wall. but my couch is jammed against back wall.

Thanks
I run a 5.1 system and my sofa is against the wall as well. My wife doesn't appreciate me spending money on better gear, so my Home Theater set up is pretty basic.

For years, I had Polk surround speakers on stands and against the back wall, with speakers pointed sideways (towards the sofa).

I recently picked up a set of bipole/dipole speakers (Polk F/XiA4) that are perfect for back wall placement in my set up.

If you want to post a picture, just select the "upload a file" button next to "post reply"

Cosmic Char

Cosmic Char

Audioholic
I run 5.1 wil back speakers on pedestal stands lateral to the couch. It's a good setup, if you do not wish to put holes in your wall.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis