Rear Speaker Advice

V

Vivadijon

Audiophyte
I was finally able to finish my home theatre in the new house. I just received the Klipsch speakers I ordered:
Rp-8000f
Rp-504c
Rp-502s (surrounds)
Those go along with 4 Polk V-60s that I installed as the height channels.

I moved my previous fronts, Sony CS-3, to the rear. It’s amazing the difference between those and the Klipsch. And I know it’s not a big deal for rear surrounds. But Is it worth it to replace those with the Klipsch monitors? Either RP-500m or 600m. I’m not sure if I’ll even notice a difference switching the sonys out.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I was finally able to finish my home theatre in the new house. I just received the Klipsch speakers I ordered:
Rp-8000f
Rp-504c
Rp-502s (surrounds)
Those go along with 4 Polk V-60s that I installed as the height channels.

I moved my previous fronts, Sony CS-3, to the rear. It’s amazing the difference between those and the Klipsch. And I know it’s not a big deal for rear surrounds. But Is it worth it to replace those with the Klipsch monitors? Either RP-500m or 600m. I’m not sure if I’ll even notice a difference switching the sonys out.
It's up to you, but as you stated it's not that big of a deal. If you have an itch to spend money add a second or better sub, that would be way more beneficial.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Agree with ET. What subwoofer is on your list?
If it were my room, I’d just go ahead and finish up with another pair of 502s, but that’s just me. IMO it used to be less important to match all your speakers, but today with soundtracks that are so much more than ambiance, it makes sense to keep them at least more similar than not.

V

Vivadijon

Audiophyte
The subwoofer is coming today. I stressed over that one and landed on the SPL-120. Probably should have gone for SVS. but I figured they fixed the amp issue they had on the R-120-SW so wouldnt be any issues with he spl. I couldnt find many reviews on it so i took a chance. Once i decide if i like it or not i will double up, and since it has wireless capabilities i can place the second one in a good spot. So that was thought process there.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Well, since you made the SVS comment, I won’t feel bad about agreeing with you! Lol
Not sure about the return policy, but IMO you would be better served by investing the 479 into something more capable. My philosophy is but the best one you can afford now and immediately start budgeting for a second one. Even if it takes a year or more, it’s really not that long.(if you have one at least) Bass is an investment, IMO.
http://rythmikaudio.com/
http://www.hsuresearch.com/subwoofers.html
Personally I like Rythmik subs, but the value leader IMO is HSU. Even their $399 budget sub is far better than the klipsch.
Of course you may be completely satisfied with the spl120 but my gut says you’ll outgrow it quickly.

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Rythmik all the way :D

Do you like room shaking bass that has less distortion than your mains?

Do you like having your chest cavity be compressed over and over, but perfectly every single time?

Then I have a subwoofer for you!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
It's up to you, but as you stated it's not that big of a deal. If you have an itch to spend money add a second or better sub, that would be way more beneficial.
good advice ........

V

Vivadijon

Audiophyte
Well, since you made the SVS comment, I won’t feel bad about agreeing with you! Lol
Not sure about the return policy, but IMO you would be better served by investing the 479 into something more capable. My philosophy is but the best one you can afford now and immediately start budgeting for a second one. Even if it takes a year or more, it’s really not that long.(if you have one at least) Bass is an Personally I like Rythmik subs, but the value leader IMO is HSU. Even their $399 budget sub is far better than the klipsch.
Of course you may be completely satisfied with the spl120 but my gut says you’ll outgrow it quickly.
It’s very possible. I’ve always been into this stuff but never had a place to put it all together. And I was amazed by what I have when I installed all the Klipsch speakers yesterday. I’ve never really had a good a sub but that was by design, so I know this will be a good upgrade from the Sony sub I have. And that’s how I convinced myself to buy the Klipsch even though everything I’ve read says get the SVS-PB. I can return and swap if I decide to. Either 30 or 60 days.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis