RSL 12s speedwoofer

A

Aust11n

Enthusiast
(you have two identical threads going)
I have a Pioneer 305 and a 12S Speedwoofer.....I assure you you are doing something seriously wrong with it. My 12S can rattle every door in my house if I let it. (even without bringing my 2 10S Speedwoofers in on it.)

The chance of it being bad are very slim.
You certainly don't need the Denon.
Did you turn it up with the remote ?...never use the knob on the back.
Are you using the right RCA input on the back ?
Any advice with you having a similar one would be great

A

Aust11n

Enthusiast
I have a Pioneer 305 and a 12S Speedwoofer.....I assure you you are doing something seriously wrong with it. My 12S can rattle every door in my house if I let it. (even without bringing my 2 10S Speedwoofers in on it.)

Hey man this sub has to be bad. I’ve tried every spot in the room and done side by side with the cheap lips Costco sub

A

Aust11n

Enthusiast

Hey man this thing has to be messed up because I’ve done side by side comparisons with the cheap Costco klipsch sub and it continuously is out performing the rsl like the klipsch is blowing this outta the water. My dad came over who has 30 years of experience messing with these things he changed setting and all kinds of stuff and he’s confident this thing is messed up. What do you think rsl will do to fix this issue they have created and quite frankly made me waste my money on at this point

A

Aust11n

Enthusiast
Hello recently purchased a rsl 12s speedwoofer to replace a Costco klipsch 12. The rsl has triple the power if not more and the klipsch side by side in several parts of the room is out performing the rsl everytime. My dad has 30 years of experience tinkering with home theaters setups and can not get this thing to put out the power it’s suppose to and he also thinks there is something wrong with it. What will rsl do to fix this issue as I’m sure it isn’t a common one . Seems to be amazing build quality everything technical is functioning but when I have playing music it just don’t not put out hardly anything. EXTREMELY MAD and disappointed in what my money went to. Not to mention just to return this thing it will cost 150

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
What are your sources and how are they connected. Music will not have a LFE specific output like a Blu-ray with Dolby HD etc. Is one sealed and the other ported?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hey man this thing has to be messed up because I’ve done side by side comparisons with the cheap Costco klipsch sub and it continuously is out performing the rsl like the klipsch is blowing this outta the water. My dad came over who has 30 years of experience messing with these things he changed setting and all kinds of stuff and he’s confident this thing is messed up. What do you think rsl will do to fix this issue they have created and quite frankly made me waste my money on at this point
RSL has great customer service, just contact them. I'd still like to know particularly what you did to setup let alone compare....perhaps RSL can also walk you thru some testing/setup. As to the question about sharing output perhaps even an app on your phone would give us some idea of spl output, perhaps even frequency range. Better to have a measurement mic, but....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A third thread now? Still without basic info about setup or how you're testing it, hard to know. @adk highlander the three threads should be combined I think.

A wattage rating that's 3x isn't particularly meaningful without knowing the sensitivity of each sub (and that spec is rarely offered). Keep in mind a doubling of power only yields 3dB more output if subs are equal otherwise.

Playing music often does not have deep bass in any case.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
A third thread now? Still without basic info about setup or how you're testing it, hard to know. @adk highlander the three threads should be combined I think.

A wattage rating that's 3x isn't particularly meaningful without knowing the sensitivity of each sub (and that spec is rarely offered). Keep in mind a doubling of power only yields 3dB more output if subs are equal otherwise.

Playing music often does not have deep bass in any case.
Done and thank you.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Call RSL.
I think you (and possibly your father) are doing something fundamentally wrong.
Did you use the remote like I asked ?
Did you double check you are using the right RCA input ?
Did you read the manual ?

If, in the small chance that the sub is bad, RSL will take care of you...without making you pay to return the sub.
Wish you would give some actual info on your problem.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
(dont know what thread to post in....OP is flipping the Frak out :) )

Call RSL.

If, in the small chance that the sub is bad, RSL will take care of you...without making you pay to return the sub.

A

Aust11n

Enthusiast
Call RSL.

Guys we are not new to this or doing anything out of the norm this rsl is weak like no ifs ands or buts about it something is wrong with it

A

Aust11n

Enthusiast

Call RSL.

Yes we have only used the remote and yes we are using the right inputs. It’s clear as day that there isn’t much coming from the rsl

A

Aust11n

Enthusiast
Yes we have only used the remote and yes we are using the right inputs. It’s clear as day that there isn’t much coming from the rsl

Call RSL.

what specific info would you like me to provide

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
what specific info would you like me to provide
What is your speaker configuration on the Pioneer for one thing.
Crossover settings.
Unplug the RSL for a while and then don't touch the remote.
Make sure the RSL internal crossover is switched off.
After it turns on with your AVR, only use the remote to turn up its volume for initial level setting.
Don't use the remote to turn the sub off or on....ever. (I would bet the power button on the remote is going to say bye bye in the next version)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis