Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Getting new carpeting in the small room with my Yamaha RX-A670 5.2.2 system so the room is completely dis-assembled at the moment. When I put it back together, will the receiver remember the YPAO settings, or will I need to re-calibrate. And since it has been unplugged for so long, I wonder if a total re-set-up (using the Yamaha set-up tablet app) will be required.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It shouldn't lose settings by simply being unplugged; if you ran a microprocessor reset, it would. Is the carpeting (or extent of carpeting) new to the room altogether? I'd recalibrate if so.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
It had different carpeting. Old was a short shag, new will be a tighter pattern if it matters.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Different carpet type or other room/major furniture changes = re-calibrate usually a good idea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Agree... I'd run a redo. If the padding is denser, thicker... I'd think the padding might have more impact than the difference between shag and a tight pile.

Hell, if it's not too late, I'd find a good acoustic carpet pading that will accentuate those chocolatey mids! :p
(Sorry, couldn't resist.) *blushes

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
It had different carpeting. Old was a short shag, new will be a tighter pattern if it matters.
If possible, I'd shoot for wool rug with open cell structure with rug pad, for max absorption..,instead of sythentic ones with tight pattern. The tigther the surface, lesser the absorption , more the reflection. You do want to absorb the early reflections from the floor, for a clean sound stage. Its not the same as lateral reflections from side walls.

And yes recalibration, I'd suggest,, to account for different reflection pattern.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Good info. I was not even considering the carpet could change it. I'll go ahead and re-calibrate. Gotta wait for 2 weeks though for the carpet install.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Agree... I'd run a redo. If the padding is denser, thicker... I'd think the padding might have more impact than the difference between shag and a tight pile.

Hell, if it's not too late, I'd find a good acoustic carpet pading that will accentuate those chocolatey mids! :p
(Sorry, couldn't resist.) *blushes
It’s all about the chocolately mids;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis