U

Unregistered

Are Cobalt's rca cables any good? Any other suggestions?
thanx

R

Rÿche 1

Audioholic
Yeah, they're good. But, you'll get basically the same performance from any well constructed rca cable. I use A/R Pro series.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
Buy any nice well constructed cable. Robust plug construction is something to look for. I make my own. You can save a lot and get very nice cables that way. If you are interested in making your own check this site. WWW.geocities.com/jonrisch/i1.htm :cool:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
JoeE SP9 said:
Buy any nice well constructed cable. Robust plug construction is something to look for. I make my own. You can save a lot and get very nice cables that way. If you are interested in making your own check this site. WWW.geocities.com/jonrisch/i1.htm :cool:

One needs to be careful with the recommendations at that link. He gets carried away with claims for sonic benefits, especially for cable materials.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Unregistered said:
Are Cobalt's rca cables any good? Any other suggestions?
thanx
What are you using currently? Maybe there is nothing wrong with it after all :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The Jon Risch Cross Coax is about on par with a decent quality 12AWG Zip cord cable one can buy at a supply store such as Lowes or Home Depot. The problem is, it is rather involving to produce and delicate to handle. It is certainly worth a try as far as DIY cables go. We will soon be posting an article with several alternatives which also measure better and appear to be more durable.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
I've only tried the interconnects. I'm looking forward to your alternatives to the cross coax. I'm interested in real information on AC cables. Can't wait for the article. :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis