RBH Sound SX-1212P/R Subwoofer Review

L

Love4Music

Enthusiast
Wow, the RBH sub gives much better performance than I would have expected in a smallish, dual ported 12. One thing I think would be fun is the low end peak, a little more punch in that range doesn't hurt music at all and can beef up deep bass effects noises. Now I can see acudeftechguy's attraction to these subs, they are not wimps, especially for their footprint. I also appreciate the mention of the film Triangle, this is a superb, overlooked gem. Hey Josh, if you liked Triangle, you should check out a movie called Time Crimes, a very neat movie which is quite similar to Triangle, and I think Time Crimes is even a bit more clever as a 'puzzle'. As with Triangle, the less you know about the movie going in, the more you will enjoy it. Anyway, great sub and great review!
For the price tag of $5300 I'd expect this sub to perform at that price lol

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Hey guys, just joined the forums and am looking for some advice. I have the T2/R in FL/FR position and a 1212P/R as a separate sub. I am looking for opinions on how to set this up in the best way. I also have 6100c/r for center and 4 661/r for rear and rear surround. Arcam AVR750 decoding surround. Looking forward to the comments. thanks guys!
Nice Setup. My advice is to crossover ALL speakers at 80Hz. Run mono bass + LFE to the T2 subs and your 1212/R. Optimize location of the 1212 sub to best blend with the dual 1010s. Level match, and properly set delay to your subs if you have independent control of more than one sub, otherwise adjust level and Eq manually until all 3 subs blend as best as possible.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
For the price tag of $5300 I'd expect this sub to perform at that price lol
From 12.5-40Hz the SX-1212P/R produced the highest output that Audioholics has EVER recorded from any subwoofer reviewed to date...

What performance do you expect at $5300? LOL.

As Irv already mentioned, unlike ID brands, expect a 20-30% discount for B&M brands, so the $5300 price goes down to $3700-$3800. For ID brands, expect 0.0% discount + shipping and handling, which is usually > $100 for each sub.

I hope the RBH SX-1212N (MSRP $1450, street price $1100) gets measured one day. It has the same volume/cabinet as the SX-1212P/R, just different drivers. I think the SX-1212N will be a great value.

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis