RBH, Paradigm, Axiom w/Yamaha 2400

U

Unregistered

demo rbh ac5t, paradigm mon 7 v3, axiom m60 on yam 2400-

rbh sounded too thin, great, perhaps even excessive detail. imaging was excellent, connectors best ive ever used. lighter weight than others, and maybe better looking, easier to place.

paradigm sounded better than rbh, and also played the loudest, but perhaps lacked a little detail. had silkiest or perhaps smoothest sound of all 3, but left me wondering if maybe mids were a bit drowning. weight was in the middle. looks arent as good as rbh, but better than axiom. connectors were worst of all 3. imaging seemed good but not great.

axiom initially sounded better thna other 3—first instinct. sounded kind of in the middle of all 3. imaging very good to ecellent. thought that guitar notes were more realistic than the others. i thought to myself that these were prob the closest speaker to high end sound. heaviest speaker of the 3. perhaps sounded most well-rounded. connectors not as good as rbh, but better than paradigm. prob looks ugliest of all 3.

conclusion- rbh eliminated w this receiver. maybe itd be better w the denon, but i have serrious doubts about its ability to rate w the paradigms and axioms. the denon would really have to give the rbh some oomph to stay in running.. axiom is the instinct choice, altho i will go back and listen to the paradigms vs axioms again to be sure. note—the yamaha stayed very cool, esp compared to my harman kardon.

initial grading paired w 2400- rbh- 7, para- 8, axiom 9

now will demo all 3 with the denon 3805 and will post conclusions, then list final decision for best rec/speaker combo

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis