S

SHS

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>In your recent test of the Velodyne subwoofer, you wrote that it was tested in a system that included RBH LSE-61 main speakers and Axiom Audio center and surrounds.

If I am not mistaken that LSE-61's have silk tweeters like the SE-61's, this side bit of info may be quite useful for me. I own a pair of SE-61's and I love them. I mostly use them for music, but my stereo has also served as the sound system for movies. I am finally ready to expand to a 5.1 system, but I am too budget-conscious (ok, stingy) to add more RBH SE speakers. (I bought mine used for a terrific price, but I haven't been able to find a similar bargain on SE-441 etc.) Axioms have the right price, but I always thought it was a bad idea to mix tweeters made of different materials. So I have been considering getting a whole Axiom system and either separating the 2-channel music listening from the movie system, or selling the RBH's. But if my existing RBH speakers can blend nicely with Axiom cener and surrounds, I'd be very happy.

To minimize the risk that I'll have to deal with returning speakers, could you please verify that the system in your article was correctly described. (I assume that you chose it wisely and that it sounds well - I am certainly not questioning your choice.) Thanks!</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>SHS;

The gear listed at the end of my review was simply the reference gear at my disposal during the review process. &nbsp;Note also that I used the RBH 61-LSE (Status Driver upgrades) not SE's in the review. &nbsp;The Axiom/RBH combo was obviously not the perfect match. &nbsp;If I may suggest, you may wish to save a little for a new 441-SE or perhaps another 61-SE. &nbsp;In most cases, you can get away with different brand speakers for the rears since they are in relatively a different acoustical environment based on position. &nbsp;My thoughts are your Center channel is your anchor, it is best to at least match the front three speakers if you can.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis