D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for listening and letting me complain and be negative LOL.

(I haven't seen them, but nonetheless it's my interpretation.)

In this scenario Ghostbusters 2016 was a flop. Instead of returning to its roots it went with an all-female cast (or mostly). I thought the marketing was rather superb given a choice between returning old geezers and new male models. It cost I think $145 million to make and grossed roughly $229 million with a loss of $70 million due to marketing costs I imagine.

Come Ghostbusters Afterlife. It was deemed successful by Sony not because it grossed more ($207 million) but because it cost less ($75 million). Pay some kids thousands and a little more for the cameos. Now what made the movie for fans? The few cameo scenes and the loving homage it paid to the ghost of Harold Ramis. Basically it's a "family" movie built on nostalgia.

I throw my hands up in the air.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I thought Guardians and Deadpool were the best of the franchises. Guardians is just fun with quirky characters. Deadpool because of its unique dialogue. Logan too, but that hinges on being organic and is about mortality.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
They're really the anti-hero though. Especially Deadpool. That goofball comic stuff.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It's only a hypothetical but wouldn't it be great if say Halloween didn't have Jamie Lee, didn't have easter eggs, callbacks, etc. Just made a no frills Myers movie. Sure not that we need another, but if it did just made one where we didn't have all these references to the past. The only reference was Myers. You bring in a new star. I imagine its only way is a fan film, and the major motion picture film probably wouldn't sell because fans would look around going 'well this isn't a Halloween film!' An experiment that would fail at the box office but maybe generate a cult following in time.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Avatar (2009)- was watching this on tv, and the immediate thought was why/how did this become the highest grossing box office? :D

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Goodness me it is or will be 40 years since Nightmare On Elm Street was released. I thought that was rather the defining horror movie of the decade despite there being many F13 films. Seven at least LOL.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'd see this before much of anything else.:cool:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I felt for years Cujo should have gotten an award for makeup on the dog, particularly the one above. The Oscars? No can't see it. I heard it was a combination of prosthetics and other stuff. The saliva was made of egg whites and something, or vinegar and baking soda. I think the body too was some type of substance. Though I always LOL when I think of Here, just grab this bucket of dirty water and toss on the dog. :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis