Question for side surround speakers

F

Fred76

Audiophyte
I currently have an home theater to which I want to add side surround speakers.

Since I have children, I am considering using in-wall speakers instead of bookshelf speakers. I have about 3 feet at either side of the couch. I attached a picture of my home theater.

The fronts are Paradigm monitor 7 v3 and a CC-370 V3. The current back speakers are Paradigm Titan V3 that would be replaced by the side surrounds. I will eventually either have back surrounds for a 7.1 or go for atmos (not sure will get there).

I want to use discret speakers since the back of the room is open (picture 2)

So here are my questions:
  1. Does it make sense to use in-wall speakers? I know that I could use small satellite speakers like SVS prime satellite but I am not sure because the driver is smaller that in-wall speakers that I am looking for (4,5" vs 6");
  2. Would on-wall speakers work too like Axiom audio on-wall or maybe Emotiva Airmotiv E1?
  3. As for in-wall speakers, since I already have Paradigm speakers, I would use their in-walls like the CI Home H65-IW or the CI Pro P65-IW. Price difference per speaker is about 180 CAD (269 CAD vs 449 CAD). But maybe there are better suggestions for in-wall. Of course, I would want that all my surround speakers be from the same manufacturer.
Thank you

Image 1:
home theater.jpg

Image 2:
Home theater_2.jpg

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
I would try to match all surround speakers with your fronts if possible. So go with Paradigm.

F

Fred76

Audiophyte
Ok, which in-wall would you take the CI Home H65-IW or the CI Pro P65-IW. Price difference per speaker is about 180 CAD (269 CAD vs 449 CAD).

Will there be a bit difference between the two?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
If Paradigm makes an in-wall with the same woofers and tweeters as the Titans, I’d go with those.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis