Question about the little metal bar between the binding posts (bi-wirable Inf. Kappa)

K

krisztoforo

Enthusiast
I just got a full set of Infinity Kappa speakers and while I absolutely love their sound I have a small concern about something...
The speakers are bi-wirable so they all have 2 sets of binding posts with a small gold plated metal bar connecting them by default. I understand how they work and why they're there, but it seems like that little bar doesn't really give a good connection between the binding posts. They're thinner than the hole they inserted in, so the only connection is really that tiny surface area of the screwed in binding post's bottom side...I know this doesn't sound very clear, but anyone who has seen the Kappa's know what I'm talking about. Basically the surface are where they connect the 2 binding posts is very small..I'm wondering if that has some adverse effect on passing the signal? I had the Infinity Interludes before and they seem to have a much better way to connect the binding posts (lot bigger surface area in the connection).
I'd appreciate any insight in this matter.
Krisztian

V

VS540

Junior Audioholic
If it worries you just take a small piece of speaker cable and make your own jumper. I had bi-wire speakers and that's what I did while I had them. :)

WorkerBee

WorkerBee

Junior Audioholic
I once stripped about 6" of cable and threaded it completely through the bottom set of posts so it would reach the top set........it worked fine. :rolleyes:

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Yeah, just make your own jumper. I did so with my Monitor Audio speakers. You can use spades for the jumpers so you can still get banana plugs in for the mains, or vice versa.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis