question about fire stick denon avr and samsung tv

S

stxyz

Audiophyte
Having trouble with my fire stick - doesn't show connected until the 2nd or 3rd time I turn everything on. Fire stick is plugged into avr media player hdmi slot. Fire stick remote turns on avr and tv. TV screen says no connection. Turn everything off and then back on. Usually connected on 2nd time, sometimes takes a 3rd time. After connected, fire stick remote controls everything and all the streamers work fine. Have tried adjusting fire stick equipment control settings, but can't get this issue solved.

We have: Denon s770h AVR
samsung 55qn90d tv
3 speakers, 2 of which are in wall, one central speaker
new hdmi 4k connectors
fire stick 4k max

Any advice?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Having trouble with my fire stick - doesn't show connected until the 2nd or 3rd time I turn everything on. Fire stick is plugged into avr media player hdmi slot. Fire stick remote turns on avr and tv. TV screen says no connection. Turn everything off and then back on. Usually connected on 2nd time, sometimes takes a 3rd time. After connected, fire stick remote controls everything and all the streamers work fine. Have tried adjusting fire stick equipment control settings, but can't get this issue solved.

We have: Denon s770h AVR
samsung 55qn90d tv
3 speakers, 2 of which are in wall, one central speaker
new hdmi 4k connectors
fire stick 4k max

Any advice?
I suspect the problem is with the Samsung TV. I expect you have connections via eARC. Samsung TVs are known for connectivity issues with other devices.

It is probably best to control units with their native remotes.

I personally make sure I turn units on and off individually and do not allow one unit to control another. I have no issues that way.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have a coupla older (HD) fire sticks plugged into avrs (a Denon and an Onkyo) with Samsung tvs (older plasma models). The remote using hdmi control for the firestick/avr/tv work fine in my case, actually surprised me how consistently they worked for being hdmi cec enabled as long as you left the input on the avr to be the one for the fire stick. The tv screen saying no connection I get if I turned on just the tv and avr (using each unit's remote or a non-hub Harmony remote), and didn't turn on the fire stick. I use the tvs only as displays, but do use the ARC hdmi port on the tv. Undoubtedly some hdmi weirdness going on....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis