Quality Price Range?

E

elixirnova

Audiophyte
Is it possible to get a decent quality powered sub for around $200?
And also speakers whats about the price limit between good/bad usually?

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
The best speakers/sub you can buy are the ones you think that sound best and can also afford. Recommendations are somewhat useless, trust your ears.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
the 10 inch Dayton unit from the guys at parts express seems to be a winner for less than $ 175 shipped.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
You can't get a killer sub that's going to shke pictures off the wall and terrify the neighbours down the block for $200. You can however get a sub that will add to the bottom end of the sound spectrum where bookshelfs and many towers can't go. This is my suggestion, soundcity.com is clearing out some Velodyne sbs for $189 and $229 plus shipping respectively. The cheaper sub is about $210 shipped, the more expensive is about $270 shipped. They usually retail for much more than this price but the units are factory refurbs. They still have the full MFG. warranty however. I'd suggest you go for the more expensive one but the smaller one is still an ok unit and a good deal at the price. Oh yeah, and they have remotes! Pretty cool feature.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Sorry to post again but I found a deal that might be just what you're looking for and will set you back approx. $200 incl. shipping. Here's a link Bic 12" sub .

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
I recomend the BIC V1220 (192 shipped from x10 or amazon)

Or the Cadence Xsub, you can find it for around $220 + shipping.

I think the performance is about equal.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis