An interesting side note:\nAn ASR thread involved a guy swearing that his Studio 530 sounds different when he plugged in through the HF binding posts rather than the LF posts... He admitted to trying different setups including bi-something-ing them... and somehow decided that they sound "more present" plugged in through the HF...\nAnyway, many have questioned his approach as you would expect.\nI brought up the fact that it is likely that something was not seated or tightened properly when he started, which got rectified in his fooling around.\nI was reminded of Gene testing his Kimber Cables with locking Bananas and also testing what happens when the bananas are loose. He very clearly demonstrated how the signal went from strong and clean to irregular.\n\nAt the same time, I found a nightlight we have that wasn't working properly and I gave it a little bump only to see it light up again. I pulled it out with virtually no resistance and plugged it back into the other outlet of that pair and it works fine.\n\nMoral of the story is that Power Outlets (or ANY electrical connection) do matter insofar as the contact between conductors is strong and tight. A loose connection will suffer from poor performance. Household outlets can and will fail over time, especially with repeated use.\n\nI would add that if OP's original lines were already taxed and perhaps had a failing wall outlet, he would quite possibly notice a problem in the performance of his Amp.\nIt is possible that the outlet or the line would be at fault. By changing to a dedicated line and new outlets, he now has as clean a pathway as his household electrical network can possibly provide.\n\nJust thoughts as I wait for my morning Espressos (Espressi?) to fully engage. \n\n\nReminds me of a house I was renting a while back where the dryer went out, so called the landlord to see if it was perhaps still under warranty, and it was. He decided to just swap the unit out on his own (rather than deal with the warranty), came over and installed the new machine with two guys to help carry into the somewhat difficult laundry room (a steep driveway and a coupla sets of stairs)....he cuts the cord literally on the old machine, they pull it out and put in the new one, plug it in and it still not working....after some further investigation it was the receptacle just not gripping the unit's plug......so the two guys helping on the delivery got a free dryer that at that point was already in their truck, that would work fine with the installation of a new cord :), and the landlord could have just spent the few bucks on a new receptacle instead....but it didn't occur to any of us it was the receptacle.