Quality Bluetooth sound

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I have an Onkyo DTS 6.5 receiver. Is there anything I can buy that would allow me to listen to music via Bluetooth? Thanks

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
I have an Onkyo DTS 6.5 receiver. Is there anything I can buy that would allow me to listen to music via Bluetooth? Thanks
\

Not sure what you mean.. are you trying to connect to the AVR with a bluetooth device? Not sure if your AVR is bluetooth. They do sell bluetooth dongles that can do the job.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
\

Not sure what you mean.. are you trying to connect to the AVR with a bluetooth device? Not sure if your AVR is bluetooth. They do sell bluetooth dongles that can do the job.
My receiver is not Bluetooth. I currently hook my iPhone up with rca cables. I guess I am looking for a dongle. Something that I can connect to the receiver that gives me high quality Bluetooth capability.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why do you want to use bluetooth instead of wifi with an airport express or similar? The latest iterations of bluetooth are pretty good, but.....

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Why do you want to use bluetooth instead of wifi with an airport express or similar? The latest iterations of bluetooth are pretty good, but.....
Because much of the younger generation has never heard true high fidelity and most don't have the patience to sit and really listen? Further, most are wanting (and more familiar with) making a wi-fi or Bluetooth connection to EVERYTHING rather than reliable, quality wired connections and demand everything they do be connected with their brain...which is located in that flat, rectangular device in their hand.

:p

OK, that was a bit harsh. Just having an senior observational moment. ;)

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
....younger generation, you don’t know my age. But if I need to capitulate, I recently retired (early) and started dusting off my system. I have a 15 year old receiver, looking for a way to stream music. That 5 disc CD player I purchased in the 90’s still works but it’s inconvenient. It’s just me and my wife (she has cancer) so I don’t need to impress people with the latest gear.
truck you very much.
Just to be clear the website changed the F to a TR, I didn’t but you can wire that up your ass

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not trying to insult anyone! Sorry you took it that way. Get a thicker skin.

If your receiver has an analog input available and you have a wireless network, there are plenty of solutions. Do you want to just control streaming from a computer, or do you want to stream direct from your phone? Or both?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hey OO, I have an older Onkyo too, and I use an airport express and AirPlay with my iPhone. IMO it’s better for quality and convenience. It allows me to stream my iTunes library from my pc as well. As mentioned, there are dongles but I think you’ll be better served with an airport express. Apple TV should do the same but add tv capabilities.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Because much of the younger generation has never heard true high fidelity and most don't have the patience to sit and really listen? Further, most are wanting (and more familiar with) making a wi-fi or Bluetooth connection to EVERYTHING rather than reliable, quality wired connections and demand everything they do be connected with their brain...which is located in that flat, rectangular device in their hand.

:p

OK, that was a bit harsh. Just having an senior observational moment. ;)

Speaking of old, aren't you the guy who is computer-shy in your own house? I use wifi over hard wired myself without fidelity issues. I would prefer wifi over bluetooth, tho :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Speaking of old, aren't you the guy who is computer-shy in your own house? I use wifi over hard wired myself without fidelity issues. I would prefer wifi over bluetooth, tho :)
No, absolutely not "computer shy"! I use WiFi for the Bluesound kit on my NAD T758v3 without any issues. For the Bluesound Vault 2 upstairs in our guest room, it requires Ethernet so I implemented TPC Powerline. For my desktop Bluesound Powernode 2, I use Ethernet...because it's already right there!

The Vault 2 and BluOS on the T758v3 are both controlled via Android tablet. I also use a Harmony Elite system in the living room so it's easier for my wife to load a BlueRay disk and watch a movie in Dolby Atmos surround sound.

You must have me confused with someone else.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No, absolutely not "computer shy"! I use WiFi for the Bluesound kit on my NAD T758v3 without any issues. For the Bluesound Vault 2 upstairs in our guest room, it requires Ethernet so I implemented TPC Powerline. For my desktop Bluesound Powernode 2, I use Ethernet...because it's already right there!

The Vault 2 and BluOS on the T758v3 are both controlled via Android tablet. I also use a Harmony Elite system in the living room so it's easier for my wife to load a BlueRay disk and watch a movie in Dolby Atmos surround sound.

You must have me confused with someone else.
Maybe. Just seem to remember something about not wanting a computer running to source media....even if it was in another room. Seems you're using plenty of tech, tho....not the computer particularly, tho, so.... Happy Festivus!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe. Just seem to remember something about not wanting a computer running to source media....even if it was in another room. Seems you're using plenty of tech, tho....not the computer particularly, tho, so.... Happy Festivus!
That's the one thing I don't feel I need nor want, a computer in my living room. That's what I have an office for, and another system in it. With the Bluesound system (a.k.a. BluOS), I can stream with nothing more than an internet connection or play any music stored somewhere within my network.

My main library of 550 CD's is ripped and stored on the Vault 2, though backed up on a WD MyCloud as well as a portable USB drive (which I'm now using at work with my KEF Egg speakers.)

I do embrace technology, I just won't let it run my life.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I had an Amazon Echo Dot second generation in my closet. I broke it out and connected it to my receiver and it sounds sweet! As a Prime member I can stream music, I can also play music from my IPhone. There is a drop off in volume between the two sources, but I turn the volume up 6 clicks to even it out.
I love not having to use my laptop to play music. Thanks for the help.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis