Pure Objectivists dislike...

pikers

pikers

Audioholic
...audio as a hobby. Or so it seems...

Point is that it seems as though some are interested in "debunking" theories, and generally peeing on the campfire. I understand the concept of ensuring people aren't being completely swindled, but I suspect that isn't the case, because the folks certain things are marketed to have made their mind up.

In fact, the more I read things on this site, the more I am concerned that it is only a matter of time before it gets shutdown due to proof of libel. Naming AudioQuest specifically and identifying its products as "snake oil" is dangerously close. And then, GDS chooses to ask AQ to prove they aren't snake oil, as if their job is to prove a negative. AQ could crush this site with a flip of the wrist.

I insist that people decide for themselves what is and isn't right for them. It is well known and accepted that the brain is an incredibly mysteriously and complex machine, far more than any computer ever devised. With that in mind, can not the tests and the subjective meld into a happy medium? More poigniantly, how can DBT tests of cables be insisted upon by debunkers, when better electronics are accepted as different every day?

Why not let hobbyists do their thing, and spend their dough on what they want? Or, at least stop making claims that are as unverifiable as the manufacturers that are attacked (because Objective audiences won't listen any more than Subjective to their respective attackers).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis