Purchasing a Reciever today, need some help before purchase.

M

ModBoyzz

Enthusiast
Hey guys,

I'm currently setting up a Home Theatre in my Gaming room and I'm currently looking for a good quality reciever to power my new 5.1 setup. I currently have 4 Polk Audio R50's that I will be using for fronts and rears, A polk Csi3 (center) and a Harmon Kardon sub. I've narrowed my choices down to 2 reciever's (mostly based on budget). The Denon AVR-2105 and the Yamaha Rx-v750. What I'm really looking for is a reciever that is going to deliver the cleanest sound combined with my speakers. I really don't need any fancy features , I just want clean sound. If you guys could recommend an alternative reciever, my budget is $500.00

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

plhart

Audioholic
Between the two receivers mentioned it would be very difficult to tell a difference in sound. At these price points I usually take the very good sound quality as a given, especially with the two excellent units you're comparing.

What I think is now the most important "feature" is the remote. The one easiest to use is what I look for. Once installed you'll hardly ever touch the receiver. The remote is your interface. You'll use it every day. It's important. Far moreso than any sound difference you can expect to hear between these two receivers.

M

ModBoyzz

Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply guys..

I just spoke to a friend of mines and he recommended the Pioneer Vsx-1014. I looked that the specs and found it to be quite impressive. Any input on this receiver?

Thanks again..

O

outsider

Audioholic
ModBoyzz said:
I just spoke to a friend of mines and he recommended the Pioneer Vsx-1014. I looked that the specs and found it to be quite impressive. Any input on this receiver?
it might be good, it might not be good....specs don't mean much. I've seen products that have great specs, but perform horribly. And I've seen products that have horrible specs, but perform very well.

What I can say is Yamaha and Denon both have very good receivers. You would be happy with either one.
I have never tried any of Pioneer's receivers, but I have used some of their mini systems -they worked very well.

P

PolkMan81

Audiophyte
ModBoyzz said:
Thanks for the reply guys..

Thanks again..
ModBoyzz,

I just purchased a VSX-1014 yesterday myself, upgrading from an Onkyo TX-SR501. I have Polk R30s running left and right fronts, and a CSi3 as my center, but differ from you on my surrounds, as I have Klipsch SS-1s. At the moment I lack a sub, so I can't speak for that component with the 1014.

However, I can tell a huge difference between my old receiver and new one. One of the major points for the receiver for me was the MCACC setup utility, and it worked like a charm. After 5 minutes of hissing and static noises, the setup sounded great. I haven't played a movie yet, been dying to, but the music I listened to today sounded wonderful.

If you have any specific questions regarding the 1014, give them a shot and I'll see what I can answer.

M

ModBoyzz

Enthusiast
Thanks again for the replies!

Earlier today, I had come to the conclusion of ordering the 1014, but after reading a few posts from some people stating they had received defective units, Im just going to go with the Denon. I feel much more comfortable going with denon since I know they make reliable receivers. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis