psp3 in home theater

M

msgchef

Enthusiast
Hope I have the right forum for help.
Planning my new home with whole house av etc in one remote location. If psp3 is my blu ray and soon to be entertainment center, how can I use the controller in the room with my hdtv. I would assume the wireless capabilities of the controller do not extend to multiple rooms.
advice would be appreciated.
thanks

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The PS3 is bluetooth. I am not sure of the range, but I've used my controllers from about 30ft away in the next room.

B

BG3

Audioholic
The PS3 is bluetooth. I am not sure of the range, but I've used my controllers from about 30ft away in the next room.
I think the advertised range of bluetooth 2.0 devices is 33ft. Of course, walls and other things could potentially cause interference and reduce that range.

I recently read somewhere that there was a converter available that would allow the use of a universal remote like my Harmony 890, with the PS3. I wish I could remember where that was...

kurtkrum

kurtkrum

Audioholic Intern
I wish I knew where it was too! The bluetooth vs. normal remote issue is the only thing keeping me from getting a PS3 vs. waiting for the panny BD50.

Anyone know if there is an option out there?

M

msgchef

Enthusiast
psp 3 remote

Thanks to all, I hope the bluetooth will work thru the wall. Sony does have a blu tooth remote for the bd player in psp3. amazon has it for $20

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There is also an IR remote from Nyko that will allow you to program some of the controls into an IR universal remote. Should be around $15

DaveTheRave

DaveTheRave

Audiophyte
I Have The Ps3 And Remote, I Can Use Both The Controllers And Remote From The Upstairs (Having The Console Downstairs)
I Know The Ps3 Is Bulkier Than A Regular BD Player, But Think Of The Money Your Saving! (Its Not ALOT, But Its Something) Plus, If You The Casual Gamer, It Doubles As A Console! I'd Get The Ps3.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis