PSB vs Monitor Audio vs ?

H

HSMBB

Audiophyte
We would like to purchase a 5.1 speaker set for our home cinema.
We were originally interested by a Monitor Audio Bronze speaker set, but we just found out about the PSB Alpha T20 speaker set
As anyone heard both? Any thoughts?
The chosen bundle would also have to sound great for listening to music.

H

HSMBB

Audiophyte
what's your budget and location?
Thanks for the quick response.
I'm in Québec.
If for subwoofer I pick a Paradigm Defiance V10 which seems to be a good choice, I can get get the PSB Alpha speaker system (T20+C10+P3) for 1950CAD and the Monitor Audio Bronze speaker system (B5+B Centre+B1) for 1800CAD on sale, both prices include the Defiance V10 sub. That's about my budget.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Im a huge PSB fan and find their neutral sound and detailed soundstage much to my liking. The new Alpha series have won many awards. A good site to visit is soundstage.com which review many speaker brands and include detailed measurements tested at Canada's NRC facility. With COVID, its difficult to audition the different brands which I do recommend you doing. I also like that PSB is Canadian. Either way, you can't go wrong.

On another note, I built 3 complete systems out of 4 buying used PSB speakers off of Kijijji. My 1st system was built around new PSBs.

Last edited:
Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I am beginning to be a PSB fan. I recently replaced my center channel with PSB Imagine XC and has such clarity at any volume, whether dialog, music, or DD movies. I'm hoping to replace my mains with Imagine XB bookshelf. I recently talked to an HT installer business and he said the XB's are a real bang for the buck and more. That was good enough for me. I'm saving $$ to buy.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the quick response.
I'm in Québec.
If for subwoofer I pick a Paradigm Defiance V10 which seems to be a good choice, I can get get the PSB Alpha speaker system (T20+C10+P3) for 1950CAD and the Monitor Audio Bronze speaker system (B5+B Centre+B1) for 1800CAD on sale, both prices include the Defiance V10 sub. That's about my budget.
is either center 3 way ? Are those towers or bookshelves?
You may need to add a larger sub like a 15” later on , 10” If it’s all you can afford is an good start but won’t blow the doors off or move a lot of air .
If psb is marked up less go for it , I’ve not compared both brands you’d have to hear both to say a winner .
Imo I’d say go big or go home ...

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis